Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV+ on Roku 4

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here.

The Apple TV app is not supported on the Roku 4 at this time. The channel doesn't support all models of Roku device.

You can review all of the devices that are currently supported here: https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634-how-do-i-use-the-apple-tv-channel-on-my-roku-streaming...

Channel providers may choose to add additional support for more devices, so please feel free to follow up with the channel provider (Apple) directly to share your interest and inquire further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Dearld

Jump to solution

Is this the same reason it's not available on my 2019 TCL 6-Series TV that I just purchased three weeks ago. I can't believe Apple TV is available on all of these older Roku sticks but not on a brand new 4K QLED TV. I hope Disney+ will be available?!?!

rockaway1836
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just moved my 4 from a 2014 Vizio P series which does not support HDR to a 2017 TCL P series which does. The HDR flag does not display. I played the same video from You tube which shows as DVR using the TVs built in Roku. The flag pops up using the TV, but not the 4. It shows as displaying  4k 60hz btw when the OK button is pressed.

0 Kudos
Flokic
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'd be happy with the 1080p apple tv+ app.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rockaway1836 The Roku 4 does not support HDR for 4K content playback. This model of Roku player was the first to support 4K resolution, but did not include HDR.

Thanks,

Tanner 

0 Kudos
rockaway1836
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, I know that. My post was in support of atc98092's earlier post.

Flokic
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I understand that now but having used other tv boxes from other brands, it's the first time I see the operating system of a box offering an option that it doesn't support. Because yes the 4K HDR option is present on the Roku 4.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

I see what you are referring to. I believe there may be some very technical distinction to what is being displayed, but I will raise this feedback with our team.

Thanks for sharing the observation. 

Cheers,

Tanner

wildsprite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
I too am wondering if Apple will ever put Apple TV on the Roku 4, it makes little sense not to.
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I completely agree it doesn't make sense to support other devices from the same generation (or older) but not the 4. But that's the decision of Apple, so they would have to change it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.