Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cygnusx1
Level 7

Apple TV Logo showing when powering down Roku

So I have a Roku Ultra and have noticed that within the past few weeks when I power down my Roku it shows the Apple TV Logo before going down.  I don't have an Apple TV Device in my home just good ole Roku.  I am at a loss to explain this.  I do have the Apple TV App installed but I never use it, only installed it due to getting an iPad thru Verizon and got a years worth of junk.

Roku support said to change HDMI Cables or HDMI Ports don't see how that would change anything since I have not Apple Hardware to connect.  I disconnected my roku and don't get the Apple TV Logo but when I connect back and power down, I get the Apple TV Logo.  Functionally this does not impact anything, but just seems weird.  Seems to be since some update this started before Thanksgiving but may have been around Halloween.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Strega
Level 12

Re: Apple TV Logo showing when powering down Roku

Do you mean pull the plug or is there some kind of graceful intentional shutdown on a Roku Ultra? 

0 Kudos
cygnusx1
Level 7

I use Harmony remote so I hit power button, I think Roku goes to sleep.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 15

Your Harmony remote may be accidentally causing the Apple TV app to load (the activity may have an incorrect or incidental sequence causing it).  You may need to check it and reprogram the activity.

Try using the Roku or TV remote to power down the TV (the Ultra doesnt turn off) and see if the same thing happens - if it doesnt, you know its the Harmony (and an incorrect programmed activity/sequence therein)

0 Kudos