Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Apple TV+ HDR issues

From the article: “Dolby Vision HDR video and Dolby Atmos object-based surround audio, two of the most advanced AV formats, are only available via the Apple TV App if you use an Apple TV 4K.”
CNET may be incorrect by including HDR in this statement. They have a comment section at the end of the article so I’d recommend posting your concerns about the spreading of misinformation there. I hope you don’t think I’m the author of the article.
I have a r625 TCL and I’ve tried 3 shows -See, For All Mankind, Morning Show and none show any indication of HDR. Which shows have worked?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: RokuTV Apple TV+ HDR issues

The videos are not showing in hdr for there shows like see and so on, but it says in the apps it’s got hdr

if you using Apple TV box the same info says Dolby vision and not hdr, so Apple is saying there shows are in hdr by then the app plays nothing, this is the same problem on the amazon fire tv stick NOT JOT JUST ROKU, so,it’s a Apple problem

Highlighted
Level 9

I have the TCL R625 Roku TV. I know for a fact that the first few episodes of See and The Morning Show played in Dolby Vision when I watched them. Right now, if I go back and play those same episodes, I don't get Dolby Vision or HDR. Of course, I don't on the newer episodes either, and never have.

Definitely Apple's issue, unless they decided on purpose to pull HDR support from their Roku app.

Highlighted
Level 7

Was also getting the first released episodes of The Morning Show in HDR10 on my Roku. Last week, just standard 4K. This appears to be an Apple problem as there are news reports saying that Apple TV 4K users are no longer getting many shows in Dolby Vision HDR. Only the Apple TV 4K supports DV. Other Platforms (I.e Roku) supported HDR10 at first launch.
0 Kudos
Level 7

It's all come back to HDR for all AppleTV+ content.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well I can happily confirm that HDR is working again for me as well. Today I watched some episodes of the three main shows all with HDR no problem. There does seem to be a weird bug where the image gets stuck for a couple of seconds sometimes (similar to this) but hey it's better than nothing. Hoping they iron out the kinks soon if they actually expect people to keep paying for this service.

0 Kudos