Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lhylton
Reel Rookie

Apple TV+ Freezes When Loading Content

Jump to solution

It looks like various issues around the Apple TV+ channel are commonplace. What I find frustrating is that it was working just fine until two nights ago.

Problem: When selecting the channel, the loading window pops up, and it goes up to 100% and then freezes. After several seconds it boots me back to the Home page. Basically, the content and account information never load (i.e. the channel doesn't open). I'm using a Roku Express 3900x.

What I've done:

1. Deleted channel and reinstalled.
  2. Cleared Roku cache.
  3. Restarted Roku.
  4. Changed screen resolution. Changed it back.
  5. Rebooted router.
  6. Called Apple.

My account is valid and I'm able to access via phone and PC, but not with Roku. Apple thinks there is something going on with Roku. Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas and wondering if there is an API issue from Roku's update late last week. All other channels work fine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lhylton
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV+ Freezes When Loading Content

Jump to solution

If anybody does a search for this at a later date and needs a different solution to try, I found one. It looks like it may be a memory problem. I removed a few channels on Roku that I'm not using and the problem with Apple TV+ went away. It's now able to load content and account info. So, try that.

Roku autoloads a lot of clutter onto the home screen, so you may need to dump some of it that's not being used.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
lhylton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If anybody does a search for this at a later date and needs a different solution to try, I found one. It looks like it may be a memory problem. I removed a few channels on Roku that I'm not using and the problem with Apple TV+ went away. It's now able to load content and account info. So, try that.

Roku autoloads a lot of clutter onto the home screen, so you may need to dump some of it that's not being used.

0 Kudos
Kathy457
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I cannot open AppleTV in my Roku.
when I open the app it looks like it’s starting to open but then it almost immediately direct me back to the home screen. I have restarted my Roku I have deleted the app and reinstalled I have removed other apps to clear space on my Roku and still no solution. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What Roku model #/firmware version?  (Settings/System/About) What Apple TV app version? (highlight the app press the Options (*) button).

Are other apps opening and closing?

When reinstalling an app, you must 1) remove the app 2) RESTART the Roku (must do this here!) and 3) reinstall the app.

0 Kudos
Kathy457
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

3910 RW Roku Express

Build:4200-51

AppleTV

6.0 Build 138

all other apps work just fine.

I have uninstalled the AppleTV app, restarted the Roku and reinstalled the Apple TV app.

Roku is up-to-date.

Now when I reinstall the Apple TV app. I hit “go to channel” and it starts to go but just takes me back to the page where I installed it giving me the option to “go to channel” again. Before, it would kick me back to the home screen.

I have removed all the apps that I don’t use in order to clear up the memory space as some had mentioned could be a problem but that has not helped.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Have tried everything I’ve read in the previous comments and more and nothing has work.  Has anyone found a solution?  

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your model #/firmware version/Apple TV app version.

You can also try switching (or removing) screensavers to a basic Roku one (e.g. one of the clocks) and/or themes to the Default Roku theme.

Otherwise, report it to Apple.

0 Kudos
Vetter33

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Tried everything. I reported to Apple they say it’s a problem with Roku or the TV.

0 Kudos