Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_L
Level 8

Re: Apple TV App Not Working Since 12/13/19

Jump to solution

Update: According to Apple Support, their engineers intentionally disabled output thru the A/V port to make it harder to illegally copy Apple TV+ content. Anyone purchasing a Roku Express+ (2018 version) should know that Apple TV+ does not work if they intend to use the A/V port.

HumorMike
Level 8

Re: Apple TV App Not Working Since 12/13/19

Jump to solution

Wow...well, that takes me right back to why Roku should have or could have known that before Apple rolled out this latest update.  Perhaps, they could have left the prior app version as the "latest" since I'm assuming most of us paid extra for this particular Roku because it came with an A/V connection option. 

I'm fortunate that I have a few other options in the house, but that's bad news for those that don't and who may have only wanted to access AppleTV through their Roku A/V output.  Geez.

0 Kudos