Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remaker
Roku Guru

Apple TV+ 6.0 app on Roku 3 "Video Not Available."

Looks like Apple TV+ 6.0 broke streaming again.

Trying to stream anything (Specifically, new For All Mankind), I get the error

Video Not Available
There's a problem loading this video.
If this continues, check your Internet connection

IMG_3653.jpg

What I have tried:

• Logout and Log back in
  • Reboot Roku
  • Remove channel, and reinstall.
  • Remove channel, eject SD card, and reinstall. 
  • Switched video type from auto to 720p to 1080p

Nope, nope, and nope. Worked before the upgrade, why is it not working?

I found out how to fix it after fiddling around.

Forcing the audio from "Auto(DD)" to "Stereo." in the Roku settings menu.

IMG_3654.jpg

Now, it all works.

I've reported report the bug to Apple now.

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV+ 6.0 app on Roku 3 "Video Not Available."

I checked the Apple TV support page, and they don't list any specific players as supported. That surprises me, as there's no question that many channels won't work on every device, in particular devices over 5 years old. Your 4200 was released in Mar 2013, so I'm amazed this channel works at all. 

I haven't logged into ATV on my 4800, and my iPhone on my personal account is upstairs and powered off (I usually only carry my work phone), so I can't get the authentication code to test it for you. Of course, I don't subscribe to TV+, I just use it as one of several libraries I can access my purchased titles. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
remaker
Roku Guru

This old Roku 3 4200 has been a trooper! There is literally no channel that does not work with it.

Netflix profiles are fine, Prime Video works with profiles, Hulu is flawless. The only channel that shows "age" is the Kanopy app, which sometimes stutters to fill in titles while scrolling through the list.

The only Rokus I have had to give up on are the old Roku2 HD/XD/XS (no Netflix profiles) and the Purple Streaming Stick (3500)

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yeah, my 2 XS players have long since retired. They couldn't even keep up with YouTube, but kept freezing up. 

I agree that the Roku 3 is a fantastic player, but as mentioned it's really getting old. I was just looking at the hardware specs on the Roku developer's site, and it was the first with a dual core CPU and accelerated graphics. Dual band wireless, Ethernet jack, USB port, it has all the good stuff. Still, I expect it to be dropped the next time Roku declares more devices as legacy and will no longer be supported. They've dropped support for first and second generation players, and yours is a third generation. They newest players are considered 9th generation, so they've come a long way. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
wneely

Thank you! I applied your workaround and now mine is working as well. 

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

I did finally give in and got a 2021 Roku Ultra on sale for $65. What an upgrade. Everything is lightning fast now, and I have Airplay support.

Now, what to do with the old Roku 3?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@remaker 

Be careful about Factory Reset'ing or even Network Connection Reset'ing your Roku 3 - there are numerous increasing reports lately of differing forms of loss of use after doing either.

I would wait for the next firmware update becoming available and updating the 3 with it before doing either.

0 Kudos
dollsey74

Finally! A solution to a ridiculous problem. Whoda thought that a video playback issue would be solved by changing the audio settings. Thanks, @remaker!

0 Kudos
LZZR

This solution worked for me, after I restarted the Roku. Thanks for posting it!

0 Kudos
Phred1

Thanks, your fix worked for me too.  (It didn't at first, but I unplugged and plugged the Roku back in, and then all was well.)

0 Kudos