Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Apple Podcasts - Sorry, your search returned no results

I have 6 Roku players.  My most recent purchase was a Roku Premier.  Works fine except on Apple Podcasts - it always returns the above message when searching for a podcast.  I'll go to the search mode, type in a podcast I know exists  (I'll type in radi and it will bring up the suggestion Radiolab - which is what I'm searching for - and then it returns the "Sorry, your search returned no results."  I've tried numerous podcasts - always the same result.  Very frustrating since podcasts is one of my preferred forms of entertainment.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Apple Podcasts - Sorry, your search returned no results

@playertobe48 

Thanks for the post.

Are you searching for the Podcasts through Roku Search or through a channel?

Please be aware that when using Roku Search that content will only be viewable if the provider allows it to be. For more information on having the content show up through Roku Search you will need to contact the content provider for a request or suggestion.

If you are having issues searching for the content through a channel, you'll want to contact that channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am doing my search inside the channel.  This is a perplexing issue.  This problem seems to come and go.  On my older Roku players I may have a podcast that I have searched for, found, and set up on my favorites list - and I can still access those podcasts on that Roku - but if I search for the identical podcast on a Roku player where that podcast is not on the favorites list, I get the notification that my Search Returns No Results.  This was also an issue about a year ago and then it cleared up for a number of months and now it is back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

For what it's worth, I am experiencing the same problem.  

Podcasts id'd as my Favorites are accessible -- but I can't search for new ones (even those that are already on my favorites list).

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos