Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thongkhin
Level 8

App won't load

Jump to solution

I just installed my new streaming stick+ within the last week. Got all my apps lined up. Have a problem.

One of my apps is You Tube (not TV). Early this morning, You Tube would load. Now, this afternoon it won't load. It says Loading then goes back to the home screen.

I took my old ROKU and connected it to a different TV. You Tube loads and there are all my old YT videos. Not sure why on the new ROKU T YT won't load now.

I had a chat with ROKU support and they were no help, Told me to contact You Tube. That's impossible. Even a post on Google/YT communities does not get a response.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do?

Desperate for this to work. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: App won't load

Jump to solution

Try removing the channel - highlight the channel on the Home Screen and press the * button, reboot/restart your stick (don't skip this step), add the channel again.

If you have both the Youtube and Youtube TV channels/apps, you have to remove them both, restart, and then add them back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try removing the channel - highlight the channel on the Home Screen and press the * button, reboot/restart your stick (don't skip this step), add the channel again.

If you have both the Youtube and Youtube TV channels/apps, you have to remove them both, restart, and then add them back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
thongkhin
Level 8

Jump to solution

Removed both and re-added. All working now. Thanks. 4 hours with support couldn't solve the problem.