Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thongkhin
Binge Watcher

App won't load

Jump to solution

I just installed my new streaming stick+ within the last week. Got all my apps lined up. Have a problem.

One of my apps is You Tube (not TV). Early this morning, You Tube would load. Now, this afternoon it won't load. It says Loading then goes back to the home screen.

I took my old ROKU and connected it to a different TV. You Tube loads and there are all my old YT videos. Not sure why on the new ROKU T YT won't load now.

I had a chat with ROKU support and they were no help, Told me to contact You Tube. That's impossible. Even a post on Google/YT communities does not get a response.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do?

Desperate for this to work. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: App won't load

Jump to solution

Try removing the channel - highlight the channel on the Home Screen and press the * button, reboot/restart your stick (don't skip this step), add the channel again.

If you have both the Youtube and Youtube TV channels/apps, you have to remove them both, restart, and then add them back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim

Jump to solution

Try removing the channel - highlight the channel on the Home Screen and press the * button, reboot/restart your stick (don't skip this step), add the channel again.

If you have both the Youtube and Youtube TV channels/apps, you have to remove them both, restart, and then add them back.

0 Kudos
thongkhin
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Removed both and re-added. All working now. Thanks. 4 hours with support couldn't solve the problem.

Carina07
Channel Surfer

Re: App won't load after removing and re-adding channel

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with another app. I have removed the channel several times and logged in to the app entering my email address and password each time. The app behaves as though it's logging me in then returns to the Roku Home screen, so I'm supposing the app is crashing?? How can this issue be fixed. I have spoken with the tech support of this channel and they are checking with other technicians on their end as well. Help!!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Carina07, yep, it's probably crashing.  When you removed it did you restart your Roku immediately after removing it and before adding it again?  Make sure you do it in that order.  Simply removing it and immediately adding it again doesn't accomplish anything.  And if it's a Roku TV simply turning it off and on doesn't restart it.  You have to either restart it from Settings->System->Power or physically pull out the power plug.

0 Kudos
Carina07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I removed it and unplugged Roku device, plugged in again, then added channel again, but happened the same way again. Could you please give me the exact directions in order so I can try again, please.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Carina07, sorry, it looks like you did it correctly.  That procedure should clear out any information the channel/app saved on your device, but there are circumstances where it won't (e.g., if you've installed multiple channels/apps from the developer and information is shared between them).  If it didn't work the last resort would be a factory reset, but that can be a real pain to get everything back the way it was if you have multiple subscriptions with various providers.  If you don't then it's not so painful, but you might be better off working with the tech support of the channel.  The developer should be able to access crash logs to see where it's crashing.

0 Kudos