Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeyItsAD
Binge Watcher

Re: CW not playing after doing removing app , restarting and adding app back

Jump to solution

@Renisha  So you didn’t have to connect to your home network again then and type in your password?

0 Kudos
Renisha
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did have to re-enter my Wi-Fi password

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@HeyItsAD, if you perform a factory reset it's like starting over from scratch with the exception that all of your currently installed channels/apps will be reinstalled.  You will have to sign in to services again if you subscribe directly through the provider.  If you just want to restart, just unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in.  You can also find System Restart under the Settings->System->Power menu.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Renisha
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The unplug roku situation did not work so that’s why I did a factory reset it was easy and I was able to watch for one hour episodes because I missed two weeks of those shows and I just change the channel but I am sure if there was something else I could’ve watched I would’ve!!

0 Kudos
Deadbeat-Native
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

For me the CW stopped loading back in August of 2020. Hasn't worked since.

I have tried all the mentioned hacks in this thread on 11 different Roku devices using 15 different Roku accounts and 27 7 different ISP's. (**EDIT** I'm sorry '27' was definitely not correct. Apparently I didn't proof read this.)  I think it's safe to say this is not a network error or device error. This is a broken app.

This app still does not load. 

Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)  Roku Ultra (4800 series) Roku Ultra (4670 series)  Roku HD (2500 series)  Roku Streaming Stick (3800 series)  Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  Roku LT (2700 series) 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Deadbeat-Native 

I don't use the CW Channel/app but did just install it on my Ultra 4660 OS 11 (build 4180-46) and seemed to load fine and played some content to test.  (Walker season 2)

So there is hope that it may eventually play on your devices again.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Deadbeat-Native
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After a few hours of tinkering with the Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)  I found the problem.

It's the fact their DNS entries at CloudFlare, Google Public DNS, Quad9 have been poisoned. So instead of be directed to a cloudflare server in San Francisco my requests are being sent to a server in Taiwan.

Luckily both Sophos and Cisco Umbrella are stopping the malware that is trying to be delivered. I then added a local DNS entry to override the public DNS entries.  The app then opens and displays content to choose from, but I cannot play any content because Cisco Umbrella is intercepting Malware coming from pubads.g.doubleclick.net ad server.  No surprise there. 

I deleted the channel.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Deadbeat-Native 

Well, not exactly how it works, but I think the best course of action for you is just that.  Remove the CW Channel/app and forget about it.

Glad you found a fix that works for you.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Britson24

Re: App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with the app loading but when I try to watch a show it kicks me out of the app. Version is current and I did the uninstall, restarted ROKU, and then reinstall but it still doesn’t work. Everything in the cw app worked just fine up until today so it is not any ad blockers in my router. Something is broken and needs to be fixed either within ROKU or the cw app. I would like to not have to resort to using my phone to finish my show 😞 please fix it on the tv. I have a 55” TCL ROKU TV that is 3 years old

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

Hello @Britson24

Thanks for reaching out.

Does the issue only occur on the CW app or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Also, could you tell us how did you restart your Roku? Is it by unplugging the TV and then plugging it back in?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos