Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeyItsAD
Binge Watcher

Re: CW not playing after doing removing app , restarting and adding app back

Jump to solution

This issue with CW started for me in the last week as well on both of my roku ultras. No other apps are having issues. Did the roku software change just in the last week? I don’t see that the CW app changed recently so I’m trying to see if maybe Roku changed and CW has issues now due to it? I’m running version 2.2 build 29 for Cw and my rokus are both 4660x software 10.5.0 build 4208-46. I’d like to know when the last roku update was to this version on my ultras?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@HeyItsAD, you can see when your Roku last updated under Settings->System->System update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EricJ7
Reel Rookie

Re: App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

I had to go into my router setting and allow pop ups to make it work.

0 Kudos
Renisha
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I updated the CW app as well it’s still loading up to 66% instead of 33% but it’s not playing consistently..I have also reached out to the cw.. still awaiting a response 

0 Kudos
Paul64

Jump to solution

I am  having the same problem with the cw app, I have done all of the resetting was able to watch 1 show and it stopped again. 

What do I do now 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Paul64 @Renisha 

I've seen reports of issues with the CW app the last couple of days. And some of you have done a proper remove/reboot/reinstall process. I don't know this, but this has all the earmarks of an issue with CW. Whether they pushed a bad app update, or are having issues with the servers handling Roku, I don't know.

And to that last point, larger services will have servers dedicated to various platforms. For example, Netflix servers for Apple could be down but Google/Android, Roku, and Amazon users may have no issues. And every possible combination of that. I don't know CW's setup, but they're big, and probably have servers dedicated to various platforms. And maybe even to certain regions within that.

Again, what everyone is reporting indicates an issue with CW. Until @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D come along and offer more, that's where we are.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
HeyItsAD
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree. This has nothing to do with pop up ads on my router. I am able to watch it far better on my laptop on the same router or on my phone on the same router. It occasionally freezes but in both the phone or the laptop I use it’s going off a different server at CW. My guess is the same. It’s either overcrowded servers for roku ultras and sticks or bad software on their app. Going through their main website on my laptop isn’t using the app obviously. Everyone needs to report this to CW customer support and hopefully the Roku staff has a way to talk to CW since they are a major network. Just curious is all the people out there having this issue only on the roku ultras and sticks?

kjunmac
Reel Rookie

Re: App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

Issue has been resolved.  Thank you for all the replies.

0 Kudos
Renisha
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So the CW people called me back and transferred me to a level two technician who said he found an IP issue and needed to reconfigure my TV and Roku and that they wanted to charge me $70.. to reconfigure my TV but I’m guessing that’s what the problem is and if you know how to reconfigure your TV then  you could probably fix it

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Renisha 

That sounds sketchy.

Don't take this wrong, but how did you reach them? A search engine? Unless the Website you found ends in cw.com it could be some scammer gaming the search engine. I can't imagine a TV network asking to access your local home network and do anything.

Scammers have gamed Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. and got themselves moved to the top of search results for Roku, then charging people to set up a Roku account. I haven't see this for a TV network such as CW, but scammers are nothing if not imaginative.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos