Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjunmac
Reel Rookie

App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

My CW app on Roku stopped working. I deleted the app then reloaded as I read in a previous suggestion.  Still does not work.  Roku will not load.  Works on iPhone and laptop.  Checked internet connection, as suggested, internet is good, still would not load.  

Roku model 3930X - Roku express

Ser number - X00400494R57

Software ver - 10.0.0 build 4209-AE

Divice ID S00820294R57

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricJ7
Reel Rookie

Re: App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

You will have to disable the ad blocker on your router.  They asked me to do that and it solved my problem.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@kjunmac wrote:

My CW app on Roku stopped working. I deleted the app then reloaded as I read in a previous suggestion.  Still does not work.  Roku will not load.  Works on iPhone and laptop.  Checked internet connection, as suggested, internet is good, still would not load.  

That is not the correct reinstallation process.

FYI, the correct procedure to re-install an app on Roku:

1) Remove the CW app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the CW app

(If you dont restart after removing, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

EricJ7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had the same problem for weeks and got a brand new Roku stick.

I just went through these steps and it did not work.  CW app opens but will not play any selection.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@EricJ7 wrote:

I have had the same problem for weeks and got a brand new Roku stick.

I just went through these steps and it did not work.  CW app opens but will not play any selection.

Just to be clear, the OP has a different issue than you - his CW app wont load at all.

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

I tested The CW app (version 2.2.19) on 9 different Roku devices (7 different models: 2710, 3800, 3810, 3910, 4670, 4800, 3941) all running firmware 10.0.0-4209/10.0.1-4180 using wired or 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz WiFi and it both loaded and played randomly selected content on each of them.

So the app works (loads and plays).

Something in your Roku or network configuration is preventing it from doing so.

1) Need more information:  model #, firmware version, app version, error message (detailed broken behavior), etc

2) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

3) If you reinstalled the app, you have to follow the steps in this exact order:  Remove, Restart, Reinstall - try again

4) Verify that network-based (modem/router/gateway) ad blockers/content filters are disabled.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue cw app won't work I get the main screen but when I go to play a show it freezes on the retrieving bar ..... I have uninstalled/restarted roku and reinstalled the app ....did not work .

All other apps work perfectly 

Cw is giving me an error message of no valid bit rates .... any ideas ?

EricJ7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You will have to disable the ad blocker on your router.  They asked me to do that and it solved my problem.

Ply04
Reel Rookie

Cw app loads but wont play any shows it kicks me back to home screen

Jump to solution

When i click on the cw app it loads when i click on a show to watch it tries to load then kicks me back to roku home screen. It worked perfectly fine for months until today after it updated at 4pm. Only the cw app is doing this. Ive removed the app restarted the roku then added the app back and nothing has changed. Im still getting kick to home screen i have roku express and Roku tv. 

lbdangel

Jump to solution

How do I disable the ad blocker on my router so I can watch the CW?

CW not playing after doing removing app , restarting and adding app back

Jump to solution

The CW app is still not  working  even after  removing   app, restarting  the Roku and adding  the app back.. I checked  for updates,  ect... everything  is fine , but  still not working. 

Jump to solution

I've removed, restarted and reinstalled several times. It'll work for a few days or even a week and then I'll have to do the whole process all over again.