Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daz1138
Roku Guru

App crashes after OS 11 Update

Jump to solution

After the OS 11 Update (11.0.0 build 4168-CR) on my Roku Express 4K+ (3941RW) every few minutes the CW app crashes and drops me back to the Roku Home Screen. I’ve run all updates, rebooted the Roku, removed and readded the app. 

After deleting and readding the app I restarted the program from the beginning and it crashed at the EXACT same point. I went to my Roku TV (OS 10.5.0 build 4210-94) and watched the same program from the beginning and did not have any crashes. 

The crash is 3 minutes into this weeks Flash episode and it seems like the crashes are every 3 minutes although I did not time each one  

CW app version 2.2 build 29 on both Roku devices 

I don’t know if this is related but on OS 11 - Amazon Prime Video (ver: 12.3 build 2021122417) gives me an HDMI cable error when I try to play video from there. Netflix is fine, YouTube is fine. 

58” Hisense 58R6+ Roku TV C232X
Roku Ultra and Express 4K+
Vizio SB3651N-H6 5.1 surround SoundBar
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daz1138
Roku Guru

Re: App crashes after OS 11 Update

Jump to solution

It appears the CW app issue was CW. The app on all my Rokus (OS 11 and 10.5) had problems this weekend. It looks like OS 11 was more sensitive to the initial issue but as it got worse the app would not even launch on any of my devices. It appears to have corrected itself so it must have been a backend issue. Thank You. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
daz1138
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

After rebooting a few times, the HDMI cable issue seems to have resolved itself, for now. This must have something to do with OS 11 as I never had this issue with the device before and this only happened in the Amazon Prime Video app. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@daz1138 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daz1138
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The device is connected to the TV via USB. It has been connected this way for almost a year and this is the first issue I have had with this device. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@daz1138 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your Roku device directly to a power outlet? Please be aware that sometimes the TV does not provided enough power to the Roku device, which would explain what you are experiencing.

Keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daz1138
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It appears the CW app issue was CW. The app on all my Rokus (OS 11 and 10.5) had problems this weekend. It looks like OS 11 was more sensitive to the initial issue but as it got worse the app would not even launch on any of my devices. It appears to have corrected itself so it must have been a backend issue. Thank You. 

0 Kudos