Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Level 12

Anyone have a Cinemax and/or Showtime subscription via Roku?

I was considering trying Cinemax and Showtime via Roku, but I am hesitant because of my experience with Epix on Roku. Specifically, the fact that Epix on Roku costs the same as Epix Now. However, you don't get access to the Epix Hits and Epix Drive-In live channels via Epix on Roku. So, my question is this. Are all Cinemax and Showtime live channels available via Roku?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Anyone have a Cinemax and/or Showtime subscription via Roku?

@demsd

Thanks for the inquiry.

For clarification, are you interested in Cinemax and Showtime through the Roku Channel, or through the channel provider directly?

With more specific information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 12

Through the Roku channel. I know Showtime via their channel has all the live channels, wasn't sure about what was available via the Roku channel for it and Cinemax.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@demsd

Thanks for the clarification.

For more information about that channel's features and content availability, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels content on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
demsd
Level 12

After having looked into it further, Showtime only provides two live stream channels via the Roku Channel, which makes it a lesser value. Not sure why anyone would sign up for any of the services via the Roku Channel. You'll pay the same price, but get less for it.

0 Kudos