Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimbo45

Re: Anyone else's ShopHQ channel not launching?

I have two Roku Ultras and one Roku Streaming; ShopHQ works on the Streaming pod, but not on Roku Ultra. Maybe ShopHQ and Roku soulc work together to figure it out???

kps2005

Hasn't worked on my Ultra either for several weeks.  Saving me a lot of money since I don't know what they're selling!  But I do wish it would get fixed.

missyvic
Binge Watcher

This post is in reply to StreamerSue.

Understood. However, Roku is the platform responsible for delivering channels, otherwise what is the point of a streaming service if the channels do not work. They should be able to say why this is happening regardless of if it is due to Roku or ShopHQ. I have streamed this channel since it was known as ShopNBC some twenty-years ago. During this time period, I have never have had a problem resolving a channel that would not launch.

I am going to change to Amazon Firestick.

0 Kudos
missyvic
Binge Watcher

See above post in reply to Streamer Sue.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@missyvic  Actually you are incorrect. Companies develop channels and upload them into the channel store. Those companies are directly responsible for how the channel works.

I imagine you have a smartphone. Let’s look at an Apple iPhone. Companies develop apps and upload them to the App Store. If that app has issues it’s not up to Apple up fix. Roku makes a remote control app you can download to your smartphone. So is it up to Apple to fix any issues with the Roku app? No. It’s up to Roku to fix it and update the app to the App Store. 

0 Kudos
missyvic
Binge Watcher

I am not asking Roku to fix the channel. What I am asking Roku is why the channel is not working. In response, Roku has given me various diagnostics to try -- none have worked. If the issue is on ShopHQ's side, why doesn't Roku just say the issue is on ShopHQ's end? I have contacted ShopHQ twice about this and they and they say there are no problems with their channel.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@missyvic 

This is certainly the responsibility of ShopHQ to fix their Channel/app.  Whether or not the Roku OS 11 update broke this Channel's ability, who knows.  The developer of the Channels/apps that appear on the Roku platform need to verify that their Channel will work on it.

You would think it would be in ShopHQ's financial interest though to seek some remedy to this.  No viewers=no purchasers.

For what it's worth, I installed ShopHQ and it is not working on either my RokuTV or my Ultra 4660. Simply returns to Home Screen (failure to launch).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
missyvic
Binge Watcher

Thanks AvsGunnar for your helpful reply.

No question ShopHQ is responsible for any fixes to their channel. Agree it is in ShopHQ's best interest to do so. Not sure why they have told me twice their channel is working.

You would think that any channel store -- Roku, Apple, Google -- would vet a channel before allowing that channel to become part of their services and this includes making sure it was/is operating. A non-working channel is a reflection on Roku regardless of whose fault it is. ShopHQ has not been working for near 1-month. I wonder how this channel failure is allowed to persist?

I have two 4k Roku's and ShopHQ works fine on those, however the Ultra is the problem.

Sorry to hear about your TV and Ultra 😞

0 Kudos