Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ktgmarie
Level 7

Anyone else having to reactivate HGTV daily?

For the last week I have had to reactivate the HGTV app every day to get it connected to Xfinity.  It's rather annoying.  I tried resetting my network connection & deleted the app and reloaded it and still I have to reactivate it on a daily basis. Any help?

6 Replies
Maildfrelix
Level 7

Re: Anyone else having to reactivate HGTV daily?

Yes, I have to log in every 24 hours. HGTV’s tech support has been disappointedly nasty and virtually none existent. 

0 Kudos
fchron410
Level 7

I too have to reauthorize HGTV daily.  I have a TCL Roku TV and standalone Roku and everyday I have to reauthorize HGTV.  Today, I reauthorized, watched HGTV, turned off TV, and came back 5 hours later and had to reauthorize again.  This is so tiring!  Why do we have to do this over and over!  

0 Kudos
raghavan
Level 7

I have to re-authorize a couple of my apps every few days. I think it is up to your cable provider when/how long until your credentials expire. What Roku could do about this that would be awesome would be to have a QR code show up on the screen that I can scan with my phone.That would take you to the authorization website with the unique code already filled in.

0 Kudos
beckerA
Level 7

I  have the same issue with ID Go. Is there any resolution? Who else can we contact regarding this?

0 Kudos
LLS
Level 7

We have this problem too. Very aggravating. Haven’t found solution.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LLS

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried inquiring with the channel provider to see what insight they can provide? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos