Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Any idea why I have to keep Reinstalling Hulu+ and Netflix

Jump to solution

I am having trouble with my Roku+.  It is making me reinstall Hulu+ and Netflix on a regular basis.  I use my Roku as my primary way to watch TV.  Sometimes I will go to my channels list and Hulu is gone and I have to reinstall and sign in again each time I have to reinstall it.  Sometimes it happens 2 or more times in a week, other times I have to do it once every few weeks.  This happens with Netflix as well, but not as often.  We have a Roku+ on 2 different tv's in our house and this only happens on one of them.  It is very frustrating.  Can anyone help me out on what I need to do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Any idea why I have to keep Reinstalling Hulu+ and Netflix

Jump to solution

Sounds like you may have been hacked somehow.

I would do a Factory reset and open an entirely new account.

Then link them.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Are you sure your Rokus are linked to the same account?  Check from Settings->System->About.  If they're not, any channels added/removed from one Roku will be added/removed from all Rokus linked to the account, so it's possible that someone else has a Roku linked to the account and keeps removing those channels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do I change the name on the account?  It is showing someone that I do not know as the person on the account.  I bought this new and don't understand how someone else would be linked to it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Sounds like you may have been hacked somehow.

I would do a Factory reset and open an entirely new account.

Then link them.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help.  The factory reset worked and everything seems to be lined out.

0 Kudos