Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Anti-vaxxer Del Bigtree has a channel now huh? No standards at all?

Roku has added an online show from anti-vaxxer Del Bigtree, who has repeatedly encouraged people to intentionally contract the pandemic. The program is listed as “educational." In July, YouTube banned Bigtree for pushing dangerous misinformation.

In late July, YouTube removed Bigtree’s The HighWire channel for violating the platform’s policies after Media Matters reported on Bigtree using YouTube to spread dangerous medical misinformation.

Really ROKU? 

Tags (1)
20 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Anti-vaxxer Del Bigtree has a channel now huh? No standards at all?

Roku needs to remove this channel immediately. Maybe start a Change.org petition? Both my tvs are Roku devices but I am assuming I can buy & start using another streaming device on them. If so, I will cancel my subscription if they don't.

Highlighted
Level 10

I really feel so stupid for buying four Rokus now. We can't have HBO Max or Peacock but we can have a bunch of channels filled with depraved psychopaths ranting like lunatics and trying to get people killed on purpose? Really Roku?

Is this what your platform is now? A bottom dwelling cesspool that will soon be devoid of anything good or worthwhile? How about you start acting like a real company. Dump the crazy conspiracy theorists, stow your egos, and cut a deal with AT&T and Comcast instead of letting your platform rot. 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 7

God bless Del Bigtree! Wake up and open your eyes people, you can't see the forest for all those **bleep** trees.

Highlighted
Level 8

Agreed. Get that **bleep** out of here. Will someone from Roku respond? 

Highlighted
Level 8

Clearly the educational system failed you.  Time to start over.

Highlighted
Level 7

You know you don't have to watch it RIGHT?

There is a lot of questionable, dangerous, even immoral programming. Adults pick and choose. I don't need a nanny looking out for me tyvm.

Highlighted
Level 7

Don't watch it....please don't be mu censor...I'm sure you don't want me to be yours

Highlighted
Level 8

Standards or censorship? What are the standards this company adheres to? I don't know what their mission statement is. I don't know what their standards are. 

There's the entire internet to search out anti-vaxxer material. Why does Roku feel they need to provide a channel? Do they have a QAnon channel? A eugenics channel? A climate change is a hoax channel? A flat earth channel? An evolution isn't reality channel?

It's one thing to provide entertainment, but an information channel on health should be factual because the consequences (death from measles) can be significant. 

There are many sources of misinformation. Roku doesn't have to be a source also. It's up to company leadership to decide. 

I'm not going to toss out my Roku over this. I wish people were better educated in the sciences and critical thinking, but that's just not the case.

Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you Roku for allowing free speech on your platform. "Freedom of speech" sound familiar people? If you don't like what you see - switch channels. Try not to be so closed minded.