Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riceuten
Level 9

Re: Anti-vaxxer Del Bigtree has a channel now huh? No standards at all?

I love the fact that anti-vaccination activists want the "freedom" to forbid something happening ;-)

dr4golf
Level 8

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to challenge BS that should not be propagated.  It is why social media and other media channels are increasingly calling out the lies of politicians and people like this creep. Lies need to be challenged

Tatharnio
Level 8

Freedom of speech protects you from reprisal by the government if you speak out agaisnt them. Private platforms are not required to provide access to anyone's speech, they can pick and choose to whatever degree they like who does and doesn't get access to their service. This goes for YouTube, Facebook, Roku, and yes, even any web space provider.

If you want to invoke 'Freedom of Speech', you should probably make sure you understand what it does and doesn't cover.

CaptSpastic
Level 8

Always nice to know where the nuts have fallen.

@richardh13 wrote:

God bless Del Bigtree! Wake up and open your eyes people, you can't see the forest for all those **bleep** trees.

0 Kudos
CaptSpastic
Level 8

Looks you really kind of do.

@IrishBoss wrote:

You know you don't have to watch it RIGHT?

There is a lot of questionable, dangerous, even immoral programming. Adults pick and choose. I don't need a nanny looking out for me tyvm.

0 Kudos
CaptSpastic
Level 8

Endangering lives on behalf of lies and misinformation isn't free speech. It's just irresponsible. 

Close minded, by the way, is when you deny facts, and hold on to junk science that has been debunked at least a 1000 times over by now.

@VinVega25 wrote:

Thank you Roku for allowing free speech on your platform. "Freedom of speech" sound familiar people? If you don't like what you see - switch channels. Try not to be so closed minded.

Easilyannoyed
Level 8

@KEM2009 wrote:

Agreed. Get that **bleep** out of here. Will someone from Roku respond? 

That’s the ONE thing you can count on from ROKU -

NO RESPONSE 

They can contact the **bleep** out of you to buy stuff, but when they’re called to account, they go silent. Not much to recommend it as a company - or anything else.

0 Kudos
Easilyannoyed
Level 8

Freedom of speech in the U.S. is guided by “Shouting fire in a crowded theater” - Jusice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. This is one of those cases. I can attest to the damage caused by anti-vaxxers as a nurse and personally, because I almost died from measles as a child and suffered hearing damage as a direct result. These days people seem to be easily duped into believing anything. It’s people desperate for something to blame for things wrong with their kids, where they don’t have to hold themselves accountable. I saw I a lot in women who ate strange diets, drank and did drugs during their pregnancies and refused to take credit for their less than perfect children. The “science” they tout was found to be fraudulent, and “studies” gamed to give the answers they want. This is something that should NOT be given a platform.

Totoro
Level 7

First amendment... protect speech you even disagree with. You are NOT my censor. 

Totoro
Level 7

Who made you the expert???? Do you have a medical background??? Are you a virologist?