Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benedlr
Level 9

Antenna TV menu not showing current channel

Jump to solution

So now when I bring up the antenna menu it shows a different channel than the one I'm currently on. Usually towards the center of my listings. Occasionally the picture goes to a Roku screen for no reason. I have to turn it off and on to regain control. Is this part of the ongoing "upgrades"?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benedlr
Level 9

Re: Can’t select a certain Antenna channel, cannot scroll up past channel 27.7 after 10.0 update

Jump to solution

The 4177 Build seems to have fixed the problem. Everything has returned to normal on my OTA Guide. Current Build is 4185. Thanks for resolving the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Antenna TV menu not showing current channel

Jump to solution

What device do you have?

Settings > System > About

Model number and OS version are useful data to provide. 

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Benedlr
Level 9

Re: Antenna TV menu not showing current channel. Frustration with 10.0.0 update.

Jump to solution

I have a 55" TCL Roku TV. Software version: 10.0.0, Build 4162. In the middle of a program it will switch to a Roku ad. Very annoying. When accessing the OTA menu it defaults to Ch. 43 not he one being viewed. The menu will occasionally lock and prevent me from selecting another channel. I hope another "fix" is on the way.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Antenna TV menu not showing current channel. Frustration with 10.0.0 update.

Jump to solution

Hi @Benedlr.

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Level 9

Jump to solution

Roku TV A109X

TCL Mdl: 55R625

SN: X00300VWDSTR

SW VERSION; 10.0.0 BUILD 4165-88

DEVICE ID; S054Y04WDSTR

When switching from the viewed OTA channel to the OTA menu the viewed channel does not appear. The menu jumps to the channel 43 or 45 listing. This happens 7 times out of ten. Worked fine before. The other issue is the random pop up ad for Roku and other channels. It happens in the middle of what you're watching. I have to click back to the home screen to regain control. I can't reproduce nor opt out of these issues. Don't see a tracker ID but next time it switches I'll try the multiple clicks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Benedlr

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along the information that you have provided to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information becomes available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Benedlr
Level 9

Jump to solution

My other tv works perfectly with no issues on the menu selection.

Roku TV 7104X

Model: 49S405

9.4.0 Build 4210-30

I dread the upgrade to 10.0.0 on it. Please give me my TV back.

0 Kudos
Unfun
Level 7

Can’t select a certain Antenna channel, cannot scroll up past channel 27.7 after 10.0 update

Jump to solution

After the 10.0 update the antenna tv channels have been experiencing problems using a Roku TV.

When using the remote arrow buttons to scroll through the channels, when scrolling with the up arrow, it won’t scroll higher than channel 27.7. 
When pressing the uo arrow after 27.7, it switches the channel back to 27.6. Pressing the up arrow again on channel 27.6 goes to 27.7 and then again goes to 27.6 in an endless loop.

The next channel is 32.1 and many more.

You can get past the non-scrolling channel by pressing the Left arrow on the Roku TV remote and selecting 32.1 and pressing OK, but if you select channel 32.3, the TV instead selects then first antenna channel 8.1 and lands on that channel instead.

The only way to select channel 32.3 now is to select a channel higher in number than 32.3 and then scroll down.

This issue only began to occur after the 10.0 update.

Roku Tv: C103X

tcl model: 65S425

serial number: X00000UYDN08

software version: 10.0.0 build 4165-93

device ID: S034D99YDN08

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can’t select a certain Antenna channel, cannot scroll up past channel 27.7 after 10.0 update

Jump to solution

Hi @Unfun,

Thanks for the post in Roku Community and for providing the information.

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further.
Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same type of issues with my 4165-88 Build on 10.0.0. An update to 4177 seems to have resolved it. I also did a reset, channel scan and a network reset after the update. Maybe click on 'update' in system update and see what comes up.

0 Kudos