Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slimothy
Level 7

Antenna Scanning Issues

Hello,

I have two Roku TVs hooked up to an antenna outside through a splitter.  Both worked fine until a recent rescan w/ one of the TVs.

Now only one TV picks up the antenna channels while the other says "no channels were found" ... any idea why this is? Everything is hooked up nice and tight.  

Thx

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Antenna Scanning Issues

That sounds like a splitter failure. Also remember that adding a splitter in the coax reduces the signal anywhere from 1-3 dB, with 3dB equaling a 50% signal reduction. Try taking the splitter out and feeding it direct into the TV that can't find any channels. If it now finds the channels, replace the splitter, perferably with one that is powered/amplified. I feed my antenna into an 8 port amplified splitter. This way instead of losing a large amount of the signal I get a 1 dB gain per port. I still have issues with a few channels, but if it didn't have the amplifier I'd likely only get half of my channels. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.