Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retread
Level 7

Another Fox News complaint

1) All the major news channels EXCEPT Fox News allow streaming live (free) news.  Fox requires you to use a TV/cable provider at additional cost.  I found that I can load the Fox News ap and jump past the LIVE selection and get the podcasts.  I can live without "Live" Fox News as long as I can stream the podcasts.
2) When I view Fox News podcasts, EVERY time an ad comes on, it resets the ad back to the beginning after about a 4 second play.  Then the full ad runs.  This is annoying and I reported it to Fox News support. (I didn't mention to them that often the ads are pixelated as well.  I could care less.)
3) Just to be clear:  CBSN works like a charm and is the industry standard when it comes to streaming news (IMHO).   ABC news is slow to load, but otherwise works well.  NBC news (which I watch rarely) is also slow to respond and programming is not as slick as others.  CNN works, but is too liberal to tolerate. I prefer SKY news or any other news feeds to CNN.
If Fox ever gets their act together it may pair with CBSN, but until then I think they will lag in customer base.

All said and done, ROKU is my go-to for TV programming.  I have been a customer for several years and just now registered on the forum to see if I could find a clue about my issue with Fox News.  I see that many Roku customers have other complaints about Fox News, so I thought my comments might help.
0 Kudos