Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anomalies Channel Gone?

Not sure if this is in the right place. Mods feel free to move it if necessary.

So I fire up my Roku this morning and notice my favorite channel is gone. I'm wondering what's up. 

The icon was a black box with the letters "AC". The channel featured the old "in search of", "Ripley's Believe it or not". in addition to other topics. 

What happened? How do I get this channel back?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Anomalies Channel Gone?

I did a search on the Roku web site for anomalies, and it returned nothing. If it was a private channel, it might have been removed. There's no guarantee a private channel will always be available. If it was a public channel (found in the store), it might have been reported for streaming copyrighted material without permission. That too would cause it to be yanked. Roku has gotten very sensitive about that, because of lawsuits in other countries. And you can't blame them. If a channel is not meeting the required standards (and having permission to stream the video is a big one), then it will disappear. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Yes. It was a private channel. I'm not sure about copyright issues. You may be right. I've been watching that channel for years and I'm bummed out that it's gone.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Yeah, there was another nice channel called XTV that had a lot of old TV shows. It was all bootleg, so it was pulled. Can't blame the copyright owners for being unhappy with the bootleggers. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos