Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crunch32
Level 8

American Horror Channel and Bizarre TV

Are both of these channels gone for good.

American Horrors starts to load but stops.

Bizarre TV give following message

Channel Error (11-8ed24f52)
  Sorry this channel is temporarily unavailable. This may be
caused by a slow internet connection. If your internet connection is OK, please check with the owner for more information.

Don't know how to check with owner. Tried to log into website but get the following

Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist or is not available.

American Horror website is still there but nothing plays on it
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: American Horror Channel and Bizarre TV

How long has the "temporarily unavailable" message been displaying? If it just started, then maybe they haven't fixed the issue yet. If it's been weeks or months, I'd suspect they're gone.

As the Bizarre TV Website is down, and the Twitter feed hasn't been updated in months, and the domain registration expired last month, I'd suspect they're gone.

I can't find "American Horror Channel" in the Roku Store. I find "American Horrors" (plural with no "channel" in the name). If that's the channel you're looking for, their Twitter account is recently active (late June).

The Website is up and running, and videos play. Well, the Website is really a bunch of embedded YouTube videos. Some won't play because they were taken down. That could be for any number of reasons, but the bottom line is American Horrors isn't hosting the videos. And, if the videos are uploaded pirate copies, YouTube will take them down.

I suspect these two apps are down for different reasons. I suspect Bizarre TV is gone, and American Horrors may be back.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
crunch32
Level 8

The Temporary unavailable message has been there for about a week and a half.

You are correct it is called American Horrors not American Horror channel.
Have had this Channel for a long time and just recently stopped working.  This has also been down for about a week and a half.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

The lady that ran Bizarre TV, Rhonda Baffes, unfortunately died earlier this year. I'm surprised it was on still after that.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos