Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon "Next Episode" popup disables remote functions, won't go away.

I am watching Amazon Prime content on my Roku Express, specifically "James May, Your Man in Japan". As soon as I start an episode I get the "Next Episode Starting" popup in the lower right hand corner, with a countdown of over 2,000 seconds. I can not make this window go away, and I also can't use the play/pause button. I know it's sending because the LED on the express blinks. The only way I can get it to work is to press the Instant Replay button, which pops up the progress bar at the bottom of the screen, then the other buttons will work. The popup then changes from "Next Episode" to a "New series" ad, without the countdown, but it still won't go away. My firmware is current, and I can't seem to find an option to turn off auto play next episode or anything. Any advice?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Amazon "Next Episode" popup disables remote functions, won't go away.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/settings/playback/

To disable auto play log into your Amazon Prime account via your web browser and go to the link above.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you. I tried this and restarted the device. I still get the same results, only the counter is now in minutes:seconds instead of just seconds. The controls are still frozen until after I use the instand replay, and the window still lingers afterwards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Then I'd try removing the channel and reloading it.
  1. Highlight the channel on Home page.
  2. Press the * key and click on Remove channel.
  3. From Home Page: Settings > System > System restart.
  4. When restart completes, find channel in Streaming Channels and install
  5. Log into the Amazon Prime channel again
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same problem on 2 separate Roku Premiers (3920X).

Once you hit play on an episode (Grand Tour for example) forward/rewind/pause are disabled. The episode plays but the "Next episode in 3000seconds" won't go away. 

Remove Amazon App, reboot Roku, Reinstall Amazon App, Login. Problem persists.

I find it interesting it happened the same time on 2 devices when it was working fine the night before. It does not affect any older Roku 1 or 2 devices (I presume it's because they don't display the next episode preview normally).

I'm pretty sure "Delete/Reboot/Reinstall" is like saying "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Any additional info on this problem? Possibly a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Negative459 @Wyseguy  Thanks for reaching out!

Some channel providers may make changes to their configuration, features, or system services within their channel (app) from time to time that may affect the functionality you are seeing when using the channel. I would recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime support directly to report the issue you are seeing and request additional help. You can get in touch with Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

If you'd like to send me a private message with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with details about the Prime Account that your device is registered to, we can also help pass your feedback along to the channel provider. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I reached out to Amazon via that same link a few days ago. Radio silence so far. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for looking at it again. I'll bug Amazon on this (I'm sure they'll be extra helpful! LOL!)

Seriously though, appreciate the support. It's pretty clear it's an issue with whatever Amazon did on their end since no other channels are acting up and it's happening on multiple otherwise unrelated devices.

Thanks. (If I find an actual solution or Amazon fixes their excellent code I'll be sure to post here as well, the issue persists this evening as well).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That was completely useless. Turning on/off that setting just means you have a less useful annoying pop-up disabling the remote. Guess we'll just have to hope someone fixes it... either that or just start using my PC instead of my Roku. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 Kudos