Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abounded
Level 7

Amazon prime video quality

Greetings, I wanted to know if there is a way to see what resolution amazon prime video is streaming at? and if there is a way we can change that resolution.
I am on TCL 55s403 55 inch Tv and Roku tv is 7105x
Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DubTaylor
Level 10

Re: Amazon prime video quality

I watch it so infrequently I don't know for sure, but at one time they used to expose the resolution on the player, but haven't for a while now. I'm not even sure they identify SD and HD. Probably cuts down on the overall bandwidth they consume - considering most folks can't notice a difference in any resolution by the time they actually get a stream started... they're just happy the commercials are over and the stream is started...

Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Amazon used to have an indicator that showed HD or UHD when you forced the menu to appear (pause or down arrow), but that disappeared years ago. Also, it never indicated the actual resolution (480, 720, 1080, etc.) Now there's no indication what the video is. With the exception of 4K, they don't even indicate what the resolution should be. For example, for Dr Who, the first three-four seasons are SD, while the remainder are HD. But there's no longer a way to tell what they are. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Amazon never had an indicator on what resolution you were on, if you were watching sd and there's an offer to purchase HD, that was the only kind of indicator Amazon has.
0 Kudos