Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nalan
Level 7

Amazon prime video couldn't be found in channel store

I recently bought Roku express+ through amazon. The main reason for buying roku is to watch netflix and amazon prime video. I see no issues in installing netflix but to my surprise i couldn't find amazon prime video in the channel store. FYI, i live in France and amazon prime video is working fine in my phone. I tried factory reset and adding channel through website but nothing worked.
I also see that there is no search option in the menu. The only menu i could find is Home / Channel / Settings.

I contacted amazon support regarding this and they told me that there is nothing wrong in my account and asked me to get support from Roku to see why it is blocking prime video app in the channel store.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Amazon prime video couldn't be found in channel store

Roku is blocking nothing. It's up to the channel provider to make their channel available in different geographical areas. Roku does not control that. So the question is, does Amazon make Prime Video available in France? I don't know the answer. Just because it works on a different device doesn't mean that Amazon makes it available on a Roku. 
That said, if you are looking in the Channel Store for Amazon Video, you won't see it. It doesn't say Amazon in the store, it's just labeled as Prime Video. Make sure you're looking for the correct name.  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Nalan
Level 7

Yes. I tried looking for Prime video and didn't find any.
Also corss-checked with Amazon support and it is available in France.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Good call out there @atc98092.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nalan
Level 7

This was the reply i got from Amazon:
07:22 AM PDT AJThank you for waiting. After doing some research, there's nothing wrong with your Amazon account settings and it doesn't matter even if you are in France.
07:25 AM PDT DOURE Vithyawhat should i do now?
07:25 AM PDT AJhttps://support.roku.com/contactus[/url:3g9082sh] for assistance on how to add the Prime Video app on your Roku device.[/color]

Whom should i contact now?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nalan 

The Amazon Prime Video channel should be available in France. There are a number of factors that may cause the issue you're experiencing. For example, if your Roku User account wasn't created in the region in which you are currently using your device, this may cause an issue. 

From the Roku home screen, try going to Streaming channels>Most Popular. Do you see the channel appearing in this category? 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll help take a closer look to see what we can recommend. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Nalan
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
@Nalan 

The Amazon Prime Video channel should be available in France. There are a number of factors that may cause the issue you're experiencing. For example, if your Roku User account wasn't created in the region in which you are currently using your device, this may cause an issue. 

From the Roku home screen, try going to Streaming channels>Most Popular. Do you see the channel appearing in this category? 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll help take a closer look to see what we can recommend. 

Thanks,
Tanner

Thank you RokuTannerD. I have sent you a PM with all the details.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the details. 

Your Roku user account was not reflecting that it was created in the region in which you are trying to use the device (France). This is why the channel was not appearing for you. You'll need to create a new account in the region in which you are using the device, using an internet provider connection located in that region, in order to see the correct channel availability on your device/account. 

I've sent instructions to help you create a new account and resolve the issue. Please let us know if you need any further help from there! 

Thanks again,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Nalan
Level 7

Thank you @RokuTannerD[/url:3jsukhpg][/color] 
I did as you said and it worked :)
0 Kudos
Community Manager