Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujeethplaptop
Reel Rookie

Amazon prime not available on Roku Ultra in Germany

Hi,

I have a Roku Ultra device.

I am located in Germany. Long ago Roku showed the Amazon Prime video app but it no longer shows it.

I tried the solution listed here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Prime-Video-working-on-Brazil-but-not-on-my-R...

But that did not help.

1) I do not see the Amazon prime video(or any similar name) app anywhere

2) I do not see the option to "search" on my Roku

Please let me know what can be done.

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon prime not available on Roku Ultra in Germany

@sujeethplaptop  Thanks for the note. Amazon has not yet made their channel (app) available on the Roku platform in your location. (Germany) Search is also not currently available in that location, it is only supported in certain regions at this time. 

It's likely that you had previously linked your device to a Roku account created in a different region, where the channel was available, or your internet connection somehow misidentified your location, etc. 

For more information regarding channel availability, you'll want to reach out to Amazon Prime Video support directly here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
sujeethplaptop
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply. But that is very disappointing. I paid the same price for the device as everyone else. I do not understand why Roku cannot figure this out with Amazon and have the app included.

Its not like Amazon prime is banned in Germany or something. So, it is not a country regulation issue. It is more of a Roku issue.

That link you posted leads me to an Amazon page. I paid Roku for the device. So, I expect support from Roku and not 3rd parties.

I had very high hopes for Roku since the last year when I bought this. But frankly, there has been no value addition in the last one year. On the contrary, you have removed the Amazon prime app.

Very disappointed.

Also, I do not think it is appropriate that you mark your own comment as the "Solution". It is not the solution.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@sujeethplaptop wrote:

Thank you for your reply. But that is very disappointing. I paid the same price for the device as everyone else. I do not understand why Roku cannot figure this out with Amazon and have the app included.

Its not like Amazon prime is banned in Germany or something. So, it is not a country regulation issue. It is more of a Roku issue.

That link you posted leads me to an Amazon page. I paid Roku for the device. So, I expect support from Roku and not 3rd parties.

I had very high hopes for Roku since the last year when I bought this. But frankly, there has been no value addition in the last one year. On the contrary, you have removed the Amazon prime app.

Very disappointed.

Also, I do not think it is appropriate that you mark your own comment as the "Solution". It is not the solution.

I understand your frustration, but please understand that channel access by country is completely under the control of the channel provider, in this case Amazon. It is not a Roku issue. Roku has no power at all to make it available. Why a provider decides to offer their service in a particular location, but not make it available on all platforms, it something only they can answer. But Amazon is who you must place the pressure on to make the change. 

And Roku did not remove the Prime app if you had it previously, unless Amazon themselves required them to do so. There's no reason for Roku to do such a thing, as it lowers the value of the device for the user. Again, it was completely the doing of Amazon, not Roku. 

This is the only solution Roku can provide. You must take it up with Amazon. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@sujeethplaptop  We're sorry for any misunderstanding. Each channel/service provider determines where their channel will be made available on our platform, much the same as any other device platform that offers apps, such as the Google Play Store or Apple's App Store. If a channel provider chooses not to publish their channel (app) in your location, that is at their sole discretion. You would need to contact the channel provider for more information as to the current availability of their service on the Roku platform in your region, and any additional support. We'd love to see more channels and services available in more locations, and are always looking to expand our presence. We'll share your feedback with our team. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
sujeethplaptop
Reel Rookie

I understand what you are saying. With all the business reasons and all factors considered, I as a consumer only see what value it adds to me. In this case since I do not see any value in the device for me, I would have to just give the device to someone from a different country. 

symbiot

I dont if it they dont have it why did they list it on there box I would of just bought a firestick if I would of knew that it didnt have amazon prime but its on the box...

Strega
Roku Guru

The box I have does say "channels can change and vary by country".  I thought it was one of those obvious statements like: "Caution: contents are hot!" on a coffee cup.  Viewing the Roku channel store online is a good way to check this sort of thing in advance. If Amazon Prime is the only channel you care about, an Amazon-branded video device does seem like a safe choice.

Panos
Binge Watcher

D718840A-ECD2-4325-AC2F-C3D97ABA5F52.jpeg

My prime video does not exist either. Same problem. just bought the Roku device…

my only solution so far was to AirPlay prime video from iPhone to Roku device

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Panos

Thanks for the post.

Where are you located? Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator