Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Amazon channel subscription not working

Jump to solution

I currently have CBS channel purchased through Amazon. I can watch shows from that channel through the Amazon app on my smart TV. When I go to my Roku, however, and go into the Amazon app, it will not allow me to watch the show without purchasing the episode or the season.

This ONLY happens on my Roku device.

I have tried logging out of the Amazon app and logging back in, checked for Roku updates, restarted my Roku device. Nothing seems to work. Has anyone else run into this? What can I do to resolve the issue??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Amazon channel subscription not working

Jump to solution

@justwannawatch wrote:

I have tried logging out of the Amazon app and logging back in, checked for Roku updates, restarted my Roku device. Nothing seems to work. Has anyone else run into this? What can I do to resolve the issue??

If you have verified that you are logging in with the same account information for Prime Video subscription with both, I would suggest that on the Roku device that is the issue that you REMOVE the Prime Video app, RESTART the Roku device, INSTALL the Prime Video app and then log in with your Prime Video subscription information. That process should de-register the Roku device from Prime and give you a fresh install to troubleshoot from.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Not clear on what youre saying. You can watch it one way but not the other I think.

Ether way Prime is a Premium Channel and you should contact them directly.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@justwannawatch wrote:

If you have verified that you are logging in with the same account information for Prime Video subscription with both, I would suggest that on the Roku device that is the issue that you REMOVE the Prime Video app, RESTART the Roku device, INSTALL the Prime Video app and then log in with your Prime Video subscription information. That process should de-register the Roku device from Prime and give you a fresh install to troubleshoot from.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I did exactly as you said. Still the same issue. I'm thinking I'll have to contact Amazon and see if they just don't have this working properly on Roku devices. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem, and none of the fixes have worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem. Wanted to watch Survivor season 37 so I browsed it on my phone app (Prime Video) where it says included with CBS subscription.  I signed up for the free 7 day trial and gave my credit card info... I am literally watching the episode on my phone included with the subscription but on my roku prime channel, I have to purchase it and it won't play without purchase. I deleted the prime channel from my roku, updated my roku stick, restarted it, reinstalled the prime channel and opened it. It even shows I have watched it partially (on my phone with the CBS subscription) but wont let me watch it through the roku channel. 🙄