Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video and Audio Not Working

Jump to solution

Checked and tested the Prime app (11.4.2020090921) on my Express+ (3910) with 9.3.0-4194 connected via composite and can confirm the stuck loading logo/flashing behavior - 9.4.0 is not responsible for this Prime loading issue.

When connecting via HDMI Prime loads/streams correctly.

All other apps tested fine (loaded streams/ads etc).

Definitely use the app feedback: options (*)/ give us feedback/ channel failed to launch/load/start as well as contact Amazon:

email:  aiv-roku-feedback@amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/prime-video

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
coppernikle
Level 9

Re: Another Roku "update"?

Jump to solution

StreamerUser:

Email address aiv-roku-feedback@amazon.com "Unavailable at this time"...

https://www.amazon.cm/gp/help/customer/contact-us:  Nice guy, removed channel/retrieved channel didn't work...he checked his end, discovered problem "tickets" coming in on this issue...apologized he could not give fix time/date ("this is emerging issue to our people, may take some time for them to resolve, appreciate patience").  

Thanks, Streamer!  

0 Kudos
michael_justin
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Same here. I even did a factory reset, to no avail. Someone who appears to be from Roku weighed in here -

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-Discussions/Amazon-Prime-Video-and-Audio-Not-Working/td-p/60...

Says it's an Amazon problem.

StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@coppernikle wrote:

StreamerUser:

Email address aiv-roku-feedback@amazon.com "Unavailable at this time"...

https://www.amazon.cm/gp/help/customer/contact-us:  Nice guy, removed channel/retrieved channel didn't work...he checked his end, discovered problem "tickets" coming in on this issue...apologized he could not give fix time/date ("this is emerging issue to our people, may take some time for them to resolve, appreciate patience").  

Thanks, Streamer!  

He should have checked the tickets before having you do all that, regardless, at least we know they are well aware - might even have an updated client/fix ready by Tuesday...

(Note: The email address works, the message you provided seems like some sort of webmail server availability issue...)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
aromkee
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am not connecting to a smart TV using an HDMI cable. I am using an OLD ANALOG TV that requires the color coded cables. Does that make a difference? Last time this happened it was not Amazon's issue but ROKU's issue as I contacted Amazon for a full 2 weeks before issue was "resolved" by ROKU

0 Kudos
coppernikle
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks, StreamerUser...You're right, the email address did "work" and I did get the response, to wit: "Hello, Thank you for contacting Amazon. Email support is not available at this time...Amazon is focused on the health and safety of our associates and, based on regional regulations and social distancing requirements, this has resulted in extended response times. We ask for your patience in this challenging time as our teams work to deliver vital services to customers everywhere, especially to those, like the elderly, who are most vulnerable" and so on.  Understandable, really.  So long as I'm assured someone's on it, I'm content to wait  Smiley Happy  Thanks so much for all your help.  Ordinarily, my issues get passed off to MacGenius son-in-law but, alas, soon-to-be-ex...  You and this Community are sanity-savers.  Be well, be safe, all!

0 Kudos
Cheryl3
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with Prime Video not working on my Roku Express+ (composite cables) beginning 10/2/2020.  I called Amazon customer support 10/3 and explained that the Prime Video logo appears then disappears to a blank screen.  The rep I spoke to said he would forward my problem on to their tech department and I should hear back from them within 3 days.  I'll post again with their response.  BTW, I'm assuming it's an Amazon problem and not a Roku one since other streaming services work on the device.

h1llhouz
Level 7

Re: Can't load Prime...bounces back to main menu

Jump to solution

10/5/2020

Prime Video  will not load on my Roku Express.  Watched it on Friday, since then it just pulls the Prime Video screen, flickers and goes black.  I have spent several hours on phone and via chat with Amazon yesterday and today and they tell me it must be a device problem.  All other channels working fine.  I have taken the Roku back to factory settings and still no prime.  Can you help me with this??

0 Kudos
Mikey-Richmod
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi everyone.  I have solved this issue but you are not going to like it.  I did an online chat with amazon.com and they walked me through the solution.  It worked on both of my Roku Express+ devices.

1)  You need to perform a factory reset and reconnect your Roku to the internet and your Roku account.  Do not attempt to login or subscribe to anything yet.  Like I said, you are not going to like this.

2) If necessary, add Prime Video channel.  Login as prompted.  That channel should now work.  You will notice they now have profiles to set up if you have not yet done so.

3) Login to whatever other channels you have been using.

It is important that you setup Prime Video channel FIRST (at least for me it was).  If you do not, you may need to start over with yet another factory reset.

I hope this works for you.  Please feel free to share as needed.

Have a great day.  Smiley Happy

Mike P.

View solution in original post

Mikey-Richmod
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Hi everyone.  I have solved this issue but you are not going to like it.  I did an online chat with amazon.com and they walked me through the solution.  It worked on both of my Roku Express+ devices.

1)  You need to perform a factory reset and reconnect your Roku to the internet and your Roku account.  Do not attempt to login or subscribe to anything yet.  Like I said, you are not going to like this.

2) If necessary, add Prime Video channel.  Login as prompted.  That channel should now work.  You will notice they now have profiles to set up if you have not yet done so.

3) Login to whatever other channels you have been using.

It is important that you setup Prime Video channel FIRST (at least for me it was).  If you do not, you may need to start over with yet another factory reset.

I hope this works for you.  Please feel free to share as needed.

Have a great day.  Smiley Happy

Mike P.

0 Kudos