Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krowten1
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@Stan60 wrote:

Roku Express + - 3910RW

Device ID:  C537A3347806

9.3.0 Build 4194-51

After dealing with this for 2 1/2 weeks I finally unplugged my unit from an older TV utilizing "composite cables" (no choice) & installed the unit to a newer 1080p HD TV via hdmi & THEN Prime Video opened with NO issues.  Of course when I replaced it on my older TV with composite cables hook-up I was back to Prime Video NOT opening.   For some of us, a similar issue occurred a few weeks back when we could NOT even "open" the Prime Video app at all.  This was finally fixed within LESS than a week & now THIS!!!!

This is why I'm NOT going to waste my time with a "Factory Reset" since, IF it worked (for me), it's just a "band-aid" for a much BIGGER ongoing issue with the Roku Express + units when utilizing composite cables.

It is not an issue with the Express+, it is an issue with the Amazon Prime channel. For whatever reason, Amazon recently began updating their channel on Roku devices and their app on other devices and have caused all sorts of issues. It's not specific to Roku devices. Other players using different platforms are having Prime Video issues as well. Not the same issue as with the Roku players, because none of them support analog outputs. But none the less, it's an Amazon problem.

Says who? Unless and until Roku Corporate states publicly (and simultaneously calls out Amazon Prime Video), forgive us if we don't take your word for it.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku has not issued an OS update in the timeframe that could have caused this issue. Yes, they have begun rolling out 9.4, but this issue pre-dates that. Issues with Prime Video have been going on for months, with updates to their channel often happening 2-3 times a week. You can believe what you like, but Roku hasn't done anything that could cause this, and Amazon has sole control over the functionality of their channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well, I finally grew weary of waiting for an official fix, and took the steps provided by @Mikey-Richmod on page one of this string. It was easier than I thought it would be. After performing the factory reset, and providing my sign-in credentials for Roku, it retained all my channels (and, a few I had uninstalled in the past). All I had to do was re-register Prime Video, and it started working. I then re-registered other channels that we frequently use. So, I would suggest trying the steps as outlined in the solution provided on the first page of this string. It really doesn't take that long. Just have your passwords handy. That seems to work for now. No promises that this won't happen again in the future, though.

0 Kudos
debi333
Level 8

Re: Prime Video not loading on my Roku

Jump to solution

I did it 3 times as you suggested.  Didn't work.

0 Kudos
debi333
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's been a week on on Amazon Prime on our living room TV.  I am angry at Roku & Amazon Prime & am thinking of alternatives to both right now.  Suggestions are welcome.

Times are stressful right now with the pandemic & not being able to continue watching series we were in the middle of is a pain.  I'm afraid by the time we get back on, they won't be included in the membership we are PAYING for.

I deregistered the Roku following some suggestions & can't re-register because the Amazon app won't load.  Out of ideas.

0 Kudos
debi333
Level 8

Jump to solution

How did you re-register the Amazon Prime app?  Mine won't load for me to register.

0 Kudos
Stan60
Level 9

Jump to solution
Stan60
Level 9

Jump to solution

Here's post from "MDK1965" at the Prime Video Forum:

To everyone on this thread, I got fed up and called Amazon Customer Service today. Long story short, they acknowledged the issue and are actively working on a bug fix.  

So you can stop wasting your time and report your issue to them using the details below:

Issue - Prime app won't launch on Roku Express+ with composite A/V ports in use

Amazon Master ticket #0523287512

There is no ETA on a fix yet and so I asked for a credit which they refused to do. I will try again to get a credit because if they broke it, they must give something back for time the service is not available. I suggest you call do the same and reference this ticket# to expediate the reporting process and to put pressure on them to fix this thing.

By phone: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ref_=cu_csp_phone_button&from=gp&source=csp&nodeI...

By chat: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_gt_comp_cu?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

Stan60
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just got off the phone with Amazon & referenced Amazon Master ticket #0523287512 (Thanks to "MDK1965" at the Prime Video Forum).  It's important to mention this number so the complaints can be "lumped" together.  I've been a part of the Amazon ecosystem as a Customer since 1999 & have a TON ($$$$) of purchased Movies & TV Series stored in the Amazon Cloud.  As I told the Amazon Rep, I didn't purchase these videos over the years to watch on my smartphone or tablet!  I also stopped the Amazon Rep from referring me the various links covering this issue--especially Roku's Forums.  Many of the "fixes" are temporary or don't work for some people.  ANY time Amazon "fails" me on a "service" issue I ALWAYS get a "Courtesy Credit" for future purchases.  IF an Amazon Rep hesitates (rarely) then I ask for a Supervisor--either way I get my credit.  After all this Friday would mark 3 weeks (for me) with THIS issue!  The Courtesy Credits aren't much ($5 to $10) but, for me, it's just the principle.

Big_Danny
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also contacted Amazon Prime support via chat and referencing the "master ticket"  the rep took my input and had me resync the app, which didn't fix anything.  He did forward my input to technical support.  I have a workaround that may help someone until they fix the software.  I plugged another tv into the hdmi output of the roku express+ and it switched to the new tv.  When I unplug the hdmi, it switches back to the composite video output and then the composite video works with Prime until you restart the device.  It seems to "think" it's going out the working hdmi even though it's going out composite

0 Kudos