Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacobjc
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Based on your post, I tried Prime Video and it works. I had to sign in and register my Roku device, but after that, everything's back to normal.

0 Kudos
datholen
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, enough of us have complained and finally it reached sufficient attention level to get it fixed. Mine is also working as it should this morning. 

Stan60
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, after three weeks I was able to again access Prime Video via composite cables; however, I hate to "rain on anyone's parade" but as I previously posted--a few weeks prior to THIS issue, there was a similar issue where many could NOT even open the app at all!  Luckily it was fixed in about 3-4 days.  Hopefully, THIS time it will "stay fixed" for a LONGER period of time.  For me, I'm just keeping "my fingers crossed".

0 Kudos
krowten1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Great news! Would someone please post the steps that you used to reactivate the app? Thanks.

0 Kudos
psb
Level 8

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

About 2 weeks ago Amazon Prime ceased to start properly on Express +. Roku system is current (per manual check under system/settings. Amazon Prime was deleted and reinstalled. Express + device was reset and rebooted several times. Other channels work fine (for example, Netflix, Acorn, Roku). We have been using this device successfully with all channels for over a year now, including Amazon with the exception of the sporadic issues noted below.

For the past 6 months or so Amazon prime has been subject to sporadic outages (at least 2) that the Roku folks seem to have fixed, in some case I believe, by backing out and fixing system updates (inferred from comments on the support threads). The symptoms were that although Amazon Prime would load, it would not stream video, just audio.

This time it's different. Now the only thing the Roku Express + will do is launch Amazon Prime, but it can't get past the welcome Amazon "smiley face". Just the Amazon Prime logo in white on a black screen. If you wait several minutes, the screen flashes and seems to resize itself, but still just presents the Amazon Prime welcome logo. If you hit the enter button, or the back button, or an arrow button, all that happens is that the screen flashes and comes back to the logo. Eventually, when one is tired of this, hitting Home gets back to the Roku home main menu from which you can pick any other channel, which all work fine. Connection is from Express + via RGB. When it last worked OK about 2 weeks ago, the next screen should be "pick a user" and then on to the main screen. Can't even get to "pick a user" now.

If any Roku people are monitoring this, these problems with Amazon Prime are really getting old. Really old. It seems that every time Roku or Amazon updates its stuff, the service breaks. Not sure why only Amazon has the problem. First is was several thrashes of audio but no video, now it is essentially a dead screen. And it usually takes at least a week for the Roku people to even admit there is a problem, and another few days to fix it. And before you waste your time, no, Amazon's customer service does not admit that it is their problem. They simply say to contact Roku.

Please fix.

flowerpower
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, it's working now and the app version is the same so I wonder how they fixed it. 

0 Kudos
coppernikle
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @atc98092 

Interesting to watch the family dynamics here Smiley Wink 

Recent Roku?Amazon? fix to the Express+ issue duly noted but...given my older unit has continued to work fine through it (as it had for years prior to the Christmas 2019 switch to Express+...years during which both Roku and Amazon *must* have "updated" several times), think I'll continue with my older tried/true model until it crashes once and for all, thanks.  

Meanwhile, by what I hope to be some measure of encouragement to those of you in driver seats, have to say dealing with Apple/Mac, AT&T is exactly the sort of experience this has been, and since lesser-quality/lesser-supported products more often flat-out die, it's almost as if the better the overall product, the more likely it'll be subjected to updates/upgrades, and the more royal pains-in-the-keister it'll be for the customer/user (*and* the chauffeurs navigating them), even on good daysSmiley Very Happy

So, chauffeurs especially, please take heart that you are recognized and appreciated.  If you'll forgive an overused/under-acknowledged meme:  Life's just too **bleep** short to not dance in the rainSmiley Very HappyHeart

'Til next time Smiley Wink be well, be safeHeart

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue is resolved now. We would recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

krowten1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, Danny.

Apologies fir having gotten a little cranky.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We believe this current issue has been resolved.

If you believe you are experiencing an Amazon Prime Video related issue, please feel free to search the Community for a related topic, or create a new thread.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator