Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flowerpower
Level 9

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+

Jump to solution

Hello Danny,

Here you go:

*   -Roku device model: 3910RW

*   -serial number: YG00C7210017

*   -device ID: C5386C210017

*   -software OS/version: 9.3.0 build 4194-51

*   -how is your wireless network setup?: fine, no problems there.. all other apps load

*   -does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Yes, ONLY on Amazon Prime, 11.4 build 2020090921

*   -tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

I could not get this info

What's the next step?

Whose fault is this? Amazon or Roku?

Thanks,

Mitch

0 Kudos
mhutter23
Level 7

Re: PRIME WILL NOT LOAD

Jump to solution

Model 3910RW Roku Express

Version 9.3.0 build 4194 51

Prime channel will not load. Started around Oct 1, 2020.

I tried removing the channel, restarting and then adding channel.

0 Kudos
datholen
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Well just for the record I too would like to have a membership in this exclusive club of Roku Express+ owners using a composite connection to an older TV without HDMI connectivity. Is membership still open. It seems to be growing fast. 

MrsGeeB
Level 8

My Roku now Works!!!

Jump to solution

I apologize for not answering everyone promptly especially since I am new to this forum. I stated my Roku works now because:

I unplugged my modem & router for a few minutes

Removed Prime Video from my Roku list before I unplugged it,

I then pushed in the reset button on the back of my Roku Express

I plugged it back in & finally did the Factory Reset, Then I added

Prime Video & some of the icons I had on Roku originally.

Maybe that is why my Roku started to work after the factory reset which I hesitated to do because it is labor intensive & requires time. First I tried everything mentioned several times as well & then after factory resetting & unplugging everything it worked (I also said a little prayer).

As I mentioned before it is obviously Roku and not Amazon services that was the problem because my old original Roku in a bedroom worked fine trough all of this turmoil. This Roku Express in particular seems to be the problem in my living room and they must have done an upgrade that did not include or consider analog, composite TV’s which is what I have. TV converter boxes allow for older analog tv sets to work, Amazon fire stick works on older models when using a composite connection and they upgrade all the time.

Roku must realize everyone’s budget can or will not conform to a smart tv purchase since we all have various needs. I suggest Roku do an upgrade to their services, show concern for the consumer or suffer loss to the competition.

0 Kudos
SpankyBird
Level 8

Re: PRIME WILL NOT LOAD

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Have three old sets hooked up to Roku Express Plus with the RCA connectors. None of them will load Amazon Prime Video. Have gone through all the recommended procedures and nothing works. I'm pretty sure it's due to an Amazon update ... just like earlier this year when we only got audio, but no video on the app after an update. Please pressure Amazon to fix this!

Jombee29
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

Jump to solution

Dan -- Now that we've established that I'm using a Model 3910X with Red/White/Yellow cables connected to the tv and that my Roku device hasn't worked with Prime Video since around Oct 1 and that I've uninstalled, reset, and reinstalled Prime Video a couple times, how does this get fixed?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jombee29 wrote:

Dan -- Now that we've established that I'm using a Model 3910X with Red/White/Yellow cables connected to the tv and that my Roku device hasn't worked with Prime Video since around Oct 1 and that I've uninstalled, reset, and reinstalled Prime Video a couple times, how does this get fixed?

Well, I would guess the problem now has to be resolved by Amazon. Since other channels are working correctly with analog output, it likely isn't something that Roku did at the OS level. We as users will likely never know where the problem lies, and will only know it's fixed when it starts working again. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
flowerpower
Level 9

Jump to solution

To everyone on this thread, I got fed up and called Amazon Customer Service today. Long story short, they acknowledged the issue and are actively working on a bug fix.   Here are the details:

Issue - Prime app won't launch on Express+ with composite A/V ports in use

Amazon Master ticket #0523287512

There is not ETA on this yet and I asked for a credit which they refused. I will try again to get a credit because if they broke it, they must give something back for time the service is not available.  I suggest you call do the same and reference this ticket# to expediate the reporting process and to put pressure on them to fix this **bleep** thing.

By phone:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ref_=cu_csp_phone_button&from=gp&source=csp&nodeI...

By chat:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_gt_comp_cu?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

0 Kudos
Stan60
Level 9

Jump to solution

Roku Express + - 3910RW

Device ID:  C537A3347806

9.3.0 Build 4194-51

After dealing with this for 2 1/2 weeks I finally unplugged my unit from an older TV utilizing "composite cables" (no choice) & installed the unit to a newer 1080p HD TV via hdmi & THEN Prime Video opened with NO issues.  Of course when I replaced it on my older TV with composite cables hook-up I was back to Prime Video NOT opening.   For some of us, a similar issue occurred a few weeks back when we could NOT even "open" the Prime Video app at all.  This was finally fixed within LESS than a week & now THIS!!!!

This is why I'm NOT going to waste my time with a "Factory Reset" since, IF it worked (for me), it's just a "band-aid" for a much BIGGER ongoing issue with the Roku Express + units when utilizing composite cables.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Stan60 wrote:

Roku Express + - 3910RW

Device ID:  C537A3347806

9.3.0 Build 4194-51

After dealing with this for 2 1/2 weeks I finally unplugged my unit from an older TV utilizing "composite cables" (no choice) & installed the unit to a newer 1080p HD TV via hdmi & THEN Prime Video opened with NO issues.  Of course when I replaced it on my older TV with composite cables hook-up I was back to Prime Video NOT opening.   For some of us, a similar issue occurred a few weeks back when we could NOT even "open" the Prime Video app at all.  This was finally fixed within LESS than a week & now THIS!!!!

This is why I'm NOT going to waste my time with a "Factory Reset" since, IF it worked (for me), it's just a "band-aid" for a much BIGGER ongoing issue with the Roku Express + units when utilizing composite cables.

It is not an issue with the Express+, it is an issue with the Amazon Prime channel. For whatever reason, Amazon recently began updating their channel on Roku devices and their app on other devices and have caused all sorts of issues. It's not specific to Roku devices. Other players using different platforms are having Prime Video issues as well. Not the same issue as with the Roku players, because none of them support analog outputs. But none the less, it's an Amazon problem.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.