Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djstew
Level 7

PRIME WILL NOT LOAD

Jump to solution

I've seen this topic multiple times AND NOTHING THAT I HAVE DONE WORKS!

I've removed the channel.... multiple times, reset the Roku player, deregistered the player with Amazon.  NOTHING FIXES IT!

This is frustrating.

Here's the pertinent information, which has been requested some where.  PLEASE FREAKING HELP:

Model 3910RW -Roku Express+

Software version 9.3.0 build 4194-51

ID C53790315258

Prime v 11.4 build 2020090921

0 Kudos
KJ72
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Model: 3910RW

Serial #:YG005055932

Version 9.30 build 4194-51

Composite hookup

Prime Video Version 11.4 build 202009021

Issue ID# 22-409-273

0 Kudos
Ric3
Level 7

Re: Prime Video not loading on my Roku

Jump to solution

Issue with Express+ as above. Prime loads with older player(s) composite cable. Software version 9.3. Prime splash screen, blinks, goes dead. I was fortunate enough to have only 1 HDMI connection on my small Axess TV. Plugged the Roku into the HDMI, switched inputs to that (HDMI), and had to reregister the device from an Amazon screen which followed. Then removed the HDMI connector, went back to the AV input with the red, white, yellow cables, and it worked.  You are probably out of luck if you don't have an HDMI cabled device to work with initially. I'd suggest you find someone with a HDMI television, hook your ROKU up to that, re-register it, then disconnect it and hook it back into your old RCA plug TV.  Hope this helps someone. You'd think ROKU would be putting out some type of info on it, as opposed to just keeping their software programmers busy screwing things up. Guess they just want them to stay employed. Getting to be like Microsoft now!!  :-(

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: PRIME WILL NOT LOAD

Jump to solution

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
aromkee
Level 7

Jump to solution

has this issue been fixed as of yet?

0 Kudos
djm425
Level 8

Jump to solution

Not that I am aware of, at least mine isn't working currently.  I wish someone from Roku would provide an update.  It has been over a week and no word on progress.

mohnkern
Level 9

Jump to solution

I’d look for an os update or app update as a sign of it being fixed.

cbs all access was broken briefly as well.

0 Kudos
djstew
Level 7

Re: PRIME WILL NOT LOAD

Jump to solution

I said that I've done that already and it didn't work.

0 Kudos
Jombee29
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

Jump to solution

Same trouble: Select Prime Video and it goes dark and stays there. Uninstalled the app, restarted the Roku, reinstalled the app, all to no avail. How does this get fixed?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

Jump to solution

@Jombee29 wrote:

Same trouble: Select Prime Video and it goes dark and stays there. Uninstalled the app, restarted the Roku, reinstalled the app, all to no avail. How does this get fixed?

First Roku will need a couple if things from you. What model Roku are you using (number, not name), and if it's one of the Express Plus models are you using the composite cables (red/white/yellow)? So far, that is the scenario for the vast majority of users with this problem. For users that are using the HDMI connection, there doesn't seem to be a problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos