Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DARREN56
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Mike, I did that a few days ago. Prime worked until I added the other channels back in, then Prime failed again and I haven't been able to get it to work again.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Prime stuttering and freezing

Jump to solution

@djstew wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Basically, try to open, Prime logo sputters anf eventually goes to blue-grey screen. I've tried doing as you suggested, more than once. I've done a reset and added back my all channels, and Prime still does the same thing.  All other channels work.

Here's the pertinent info that I think was asked on another thread for similar issues that I couldn't find again.

Model 3910RW -Roku Express+

Software version 9.3.0 build 4194-51

ID C53790315258

Prime v 11.4 build 2020090921

The only thing missing is how you connect: HDMI or composite cables.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mohnkern
Level 9

Re: Amazon Prime stuttering and freezing

Jump to solution

I’m on  a Roku tv, so it’s built in.

0 Kudos
coppernikle
Level 9

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

@OkinInCO, @atc98092, @StreamerUser, @RokuDanny-R 

Still using the older model Roku with composite hookup these past couple of days, still working fine...but would I be correct in assuming that, when the 9.4 update gets to me, things may go wonky again? and I'll have to tackle the Express+ again anyway?

I have (yes, critically Smiley Happy appreciated the older model since I got it (2016?)...and when this glitchy thing happened to the newer Express+ last time (April 2020?), and "the Community" was instrumental/responsible for helping me fix it, was sure I'd stumbled onto SomethingGreat all round.  Still feel that way, though from the edge of my seat with fingers crossed; will continue to monitor your posts.  Do be well, safe everyone. 

0 Kudos
Msmithrealtor
Level 7

Re: Prime Video not loading on my Roku

Jump to solution

I have logged out, deleted the app restarted, shut off the Screensaver, unplugged the box and now nothing. When I reload the app all is fine until you go to channel then you see the Primevideo logo then it jumps on the screen twice, then it goes black and nothing that's as far as it goes. Help I have done this at least four times and the same thing keeps happening. I'm out of ideas prime hasn't worked for a week now. 

0 Kudos
EricHH
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

Jump to solution

same issue here, this is a software issue apparently ROKU's software people are idiots.  the last two updates have had problems.  I have tried everything including factory reset.  Seriously doubt I'll waste money on another roku product.  They used to be good now they are **bleep**.

Lnpranch
Level 8

Jump to solution

I also am having this same issue. It needs to be fixed, i really don't want to have to drop my prime video account because I can no longer watch it. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lnpranch wrote:

I also am having this same issue. It needs to be fixed, i really don't want to have to drop my prime video account because I can no longer watch it. 

If you are an Amazon Prime member, the video streaming costs you nothing. You are paying for free shipping, often in two, one or even same day delivery. Video and music streaming is a "freebee" that Amazon includes with Prime.

You didn't state what model Roku you are using. The latest issue seems to be with the Express+ when using the analog (not HDMI) outputs. Amazon and Roku are aware of that specific issue. If you are not using an Express+ with the composite cables (red/white/yellow) please advise what you are using. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Kaye
Level 7

Re: Prime Video not loading on my Roku

Jump to solution

Hey there, we have the same unit --Express Plus. Pls. follow the steps I have done just earlier. Uninstalling the app from Roku is not enough. You have to do a "factory reset three times". Please see my earlier post--Kaye

0 Kudos
Jsw7107
Level 7

Jump to solution

Prime video does work for me

0 Kudos