Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djm425
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Thanks Rat315

I had high hopes this would work for me but unfortunately it did not.  The Roku Express+ did work on the newer TV with HDMI connection.  I had to register it through Amazon first.  I moved it back to my older TV using composite and I still cannot get Prime Video.  Guess I have to wait for either Roku or Amazon to come up with a fix or buy a new tv.

0 Kudos
Rat315
Level 8

Jump to solution

I carried a small hdmi tv into the room with the roku. I unplugged the composite from the back of the roku and plugged in the hdmi. Once it was working, i left the hdmi plugged in and running and then added the composite plug back in. At this point nothing showed on the composite tv. Next i pulled out the hdmi connection from the roku. At this point it started working on the composite tv. Maybe that sequence is what tricked the copyright software. 

PaulaL1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I have the same issue of Prime video not working all of a sudden. Tried many things but still does not work. 

Hoping for a fix ASAP. 

Info:

3910rw roku express+

Serial YG00c7397445

Software 9.3.0 build 4194-51

ID  C5395C397445

Prime Video:. Ver 11.4. Build 2020090921

Help!! 

0 Kudos
PaulaL1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi @Rat315 

Your fix worked for me!!  TY!!  I left mine on HDMI connection. 

PaulaL1
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Changed connection from composite to HDMI and all is solved. The composite connection should still be fixed though for people.

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

This historically has been a composite (RCA) connection issue (see other threads with similar issues related to Prime Video and Roku Express+). In each case, Roku support has been able to get it working again, provided you give them the information they've requested. For those of us with old TVs, the RCA connection is our only option. So, a solution for that particular issue is critical . . . if you can call access to entertainment "critical." :-)

aromkee
Level 7

Re: Another Roku "update"?

Jump to solution

I have tried this, it worked after I tried it for one night. Then it went back to not working. Tried your instructions again and nothing. Amazon wont even respond to my inquiries. Which side is it on? Amazon or Roku?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@aromkee wrote:

I have tried this, it worked after I tried it for one night. Then it went back to not working. Tried your instructions again and nothing. Amazon wont even respond to my inquiries. Which side is it on? Amazon or Roku?

You should be able to contact Amazon about this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Just let them know your model (Express+ etc) and that you are connecting with composite cables - ask them to check their ticketing system/KB to see if its a known issue (it is).

They'll probably even offer you some credit (let the agent you are chatting with know you haven't been able to access Prime for XX number of days etc).

mohnkern
Level 9

Jump to solution

I’ve noticed this on my tcl smart tv.   Not only doesnt it work it locks up the Roku controls on the tv and I have to unplug and plug the tv back in.

@StreamerUser wrote:

@aromkee wrote:

You should be able to contact Amazon about this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Just let them know your model (Express+ etc) and that you are connecting with composite cables - ask them to check their ticketing system/KB to see if its a known issue (it is).

They'll probably even offer you some credit (let the agent you are chatting with know you haven't been able to access Prime for XX number of days etc).

0 Kudos
djstew
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime stuttering and freezing

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  Basically, try to open, Prime logo sputters anf eventually goes to blue-grey screen. I've tried doing as you suggested, more than once. I've done a reset and added back my all channels, and Prime still does the same thing.  All other channels work.

Here's the pertinent info that I think was asked on another thread for similar issues that I couldn't find again.

Model 3910RW -Roku Express+

Software version 9.3.0 build 4194-51

ID C53790315258

Prime v 11.4 build 2020090921

0 Kudos