Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikey-Richmod
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Danny,

It is disturbing that it took you 5 days to respond to this issue.  During that time I have posted the solution and others have already tried it with success.  Basically, what had to be done was a Factory reset, add the Prime Video channel if necessary, login to the Prime Video channel,  and then add/login to the other channels you may want to continue using.  It was critical to do the Factory reset and then process the Prime Video channel before putting back the other ones.

Mike P.

0 Kudos
kaizer_911
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the posts. We are currently investigating this issue.

If you haven't already, if you are experiencing an issue with steaming Amazon Prime Video on your Roku Express+, please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-how are you connecting the Roku device to your TV? composite or HDMI?
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Tracker ID 13-397-48

-Roku device model: 3910RW Roku Express +
-serial number: YG000D257513
-device ID: C53930257513
-software OS/version: 9.3.0 build 4194-51
-how is your wireless network setup: WiFi WPA2

-connected to tv: composite
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? Prime Video 11.4 build 2020090921

0 Kudos
coppernikle
Level 9

Jump to solution

Danny...Posted this earlier (to atc2082??)...here again to you, with additions

Model:  3910RW - Roku Express+

Serial:  YG00G1985382

Software:  9.3.0 - 4194-51

Device ID:  C539SGG85382 via Composite

Issue is with PrimeVideo version 11.4 - build 2020090921 (though suspected cause lies once again with Roku itself)

Did not do tracker ID because I've since gone back to using the old Roku model (a little slower, otherwise all working perfectly), and I imagine tracker ID information will likely be provided easily by other Express+ users who actually know what they're doing and won't have to be babysitted through.

What's harder to imagine (and not looking for explanation here) is why Roku issues these so-called updates and "fixes" and expects them to work the same across all their devices when, clearly and repeatedly, they do not. Hellova way to run a railroad.  

Thanks, Danny.  You be well, safe anyway.

0 Kudos
Luicastel
Level 7

Jump to solution

Modelo  3910mx roku express+

Serie.    YG0009721617

Software.    9.30 copilacion. 419451

Identificacion.   E539407216117

Amazon. Prime.     Version 11.4.2020090921

0 Kudos
Luicastel
Level 7

Jump to solution

Coneccion. conpuesto

0 Kudos
Luicastel
Level 7

Jump to solution

Id rastreador.  1740

ojala solucione 

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hey, @RokuDanny-R . I failed to give you one more piece of information:

How are you connecting the Roku device to your TV? We're connecting via composite RCA cable.

0 Kudos
Luicastel
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes via composite RCA cable. Ya reinicie 3 veses

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Luicastel @coppernikle @kaizer_911 

Thanks for the providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BMartyMart
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime not working on Express+ composite output.

Jump to solution

My Roku Express+ Model 3910RW, S/N YG00E6560746, software version 9.3.0 build 4194-51, device ID C537CE560746, will play any streaming channels I have with the exception of Prime TV. This started over the weekend, and is only on this device used with a composite connector on an older TV. I tried using it on my Vizio and Sharp TV's with HDMI, and it works fine: it's only when connected to the older TV via composite cable that it will not play prime. Prime entry screen flashes several times when selected, then goes to black screen with no visuals. I've reset the device, removed and reinstalled the Prime TV streaming channel, and no luck. I see from the forum here that there are others out there that this is happening to. To recap: it's only on Prime. Fubo, Locast, Peacock, Pluto, Crackle, Tubi, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, ABC, and others still work and deliver video and audio -- it's only Prime TV that refuses to play when connected to a device or monitor with the composite cable. Prime plays fine on other TV's/monitors with HDMI connection. Prime did play prior to Sunday night. 

0 Kudos