Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coppernikle
Level 9

Re: Another Roku "update"?

Jump to solution

So sorry, Danny--missed this one somehow yesterday.  Did find the factory reset, but haven't tried your sequence yet--now, I'm kinda glad I didn't because you mention 4-digit number and not sure what that is...maybe the 4194 after 9.3.0??  Thanks...

0 Kudos
MrsGeeB
Level 8

ROKU Express 9.3 is a defective product.

Jump to solution

My Roku 9.3 in my living room does not work either as many have described, it stalls, will not launch, and is only a few months old. With Amazon's help, I reset my Roku, re-registered my Amazon account, and even unplugged my modem and router. Amazon also tried calling Roku with me but no one answered, they said due to the situation. All my other Apps work fine even my Amazon Prime Music. There is a company, justanswer.com on the Roku website claiming to help but as you venture in further you find they charge a fee for tech assistance, I should not have to pay for a new device that does not work.

I am surprised at Roku's customer service, why not at least callback or give tech assistance to customers since our Roku Express is new and you do not make house calls you are a remote company? I really do not want to do a factory reset of all the accounts & apps on my Roku Express 9.3 device. My old original Roku works fine in my bedroom so I believe Roku Express 9.3 is a defective product that we should at least receive a replacement for.

coppernikle
Level 9

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Apology so late...but in event you can still use:

Model:  3910RW - Roku Express+

Serial:  YG00G1985382

Software:  9.3.0 - 4194-51

Device ID:  C539SGG85382

Issue is with PrimeVideo (could not find version/build info).

Will do factory reset/restart tonight, with understanding that it may take 3-4 tries.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@coppernikle wrote:

Apology so late...but in event you can still use:

Model:  3910RW - Roku Express+

Serial:  YG00G1985382

Software:  9.3.0 - 4194-51

Device ID:  C539SGG85382

Issue is with PrimeVideo (could not find version/build info).

Will do factory reset/restart tonight, with understanding that it may take 3-4 tries.

Thank you.

Sometimes you can find the version within the channel itself within a settings or help page. And that version number might be more detailed. But you can always get a basic version number by hitting the * button while the channel tile is highlighted on the Roku home screen.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
coppernikle
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks, atc98092--did find it under * ...howsomever, before going through the factory reset/restart, decided to try the old Roku unit.  Not only does everything work perfectly fine, the familiarity is everso satisfying.  All thanks to everyone--Be well, safe!

0 Kudos
Kaye
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video Login Issue

Jump to solution

ROku Express plus (device)

After an update, had trouble logging into the Prime video channel(only shows the Prime video logo then black screen)... called Amazon Prime support and they said the usual stuff...uninstall channel then restart then reinstall...to no avail...and today after 3 days,after much distraught of missing Grimm...I have the solution finally. Follow these steps to the letter:

Step 1: Please do a Factory reset 3 X

Step 2:Then setup your Roku and internet as usual

Step 3:Then only add Prime Video channel first and login to your account (you can add other channels and login later).

Step 4:Voila! Prime video should now work 😁

@@@@@much obliged@@@@@

0 Kudos
Kolyaboo
Level 8

Jump to solution

Last time this happened, I had no idea if it originated with Amazon or Roku. Went through 5 rounds w/Amazon and figured out it was nothing on their end. There were tons of posts on here, nothing there or anywhere and, as the Amazon IT guy rightly pointed out, Prime worked on EVERY other device in my home that was not Roku.

This time is a different issue but again only Roku device. I cleared cache of my router, did factory reset of Roku, uninstalled/reinstalled Prime from Roku, exactly same as last time.

Exactly the same result. Nada.

Somehow Roku is messing with Prime only. Never have issues with any other channels. I have and have had quite a few and luckily this is only Prime or I would just stop using Roku altogether.

OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hey, @RokuDanny-R . I still cannot access Prime Video, so here's the information you requested:

Roku device model: 3910RW - Roku Express

Serial number: YG0017646095

Device ID: C53951646095

Software OS/version: 9.3.0 build 4194-51

Tracker number: 95-402-644

Prime Video is the only channel affected: Version number 11.4 build 2020090921

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@OkieInCO 

Thanks for the information. 

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the posts. We are currently investigating this issue.

If you haven't already, if you are experiencing an issue with steaming Amazon Prime Video on your Roku Express+, please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-how are you connecting the Roku device to your TV? composite or HDMI?
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos