Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikey-Richmod
Level 8

Re: Can't load Prime...bounces back to main menu

Jump to solution

Hi everyone.  I have solved this issue but you are not going to like it.  I did an online chat with amazon.com and they walked me through the solution.  It worked on both of my Roku Express+ devices.

1)  You need to perform a factory reset and reconnect your Roku to the internet and your Roku account.  Do not attempt to login or subscribe to anything yet.  Like I said, you are not going to like this.

2) If necessary, add Prime Video channel.  Login as prompted.  That channel should now work.  You will notice they now have profiles to set up if you have not yet done so.

3) Login to whatever other channels you have been using.

It is important that you setup Prime Video channel FIRST (at least for me it was).  If you do not, you may need to start over with yet another factory reset.

I hope this works for you.  Please feel free to share as needed.

Have a great day.  Smiley Happy

Mike P.

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Level 9

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Hey, @RokuDanny-R and @RokuAustin . You all helped solve a similar issue on another string ("After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express"). Can you help here, please? We shouldn't have to go through the steps that Amazon gave @Mikey-Richmod , above. You were able to fix this issue without any effort on our part, other than notifying you about it. Thanks in advance for your help!

coppernikle
Level 9

Re: Another Roku "update"?

Jump to solution

Hi, MikeP:

Forgive a dumb-stuff question, please:  How does one do a factory reset?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@coppernikle wrote:

Hi, MikeP:

Forgive a dumb-stuff question, please:  How does one do a factory reset?

Thanks.

Two ways. One is to hold the recessed reset button in with a paperclip or similar for at minimum 30 seconds. Not one second less! Then you set it up as new.

The other option is a factory reset in the Settings/System menu. On the Roku TV next to me it's under Advanced system settings, but your player might have it somewhere else. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Kolyaboo
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Same. We never had these issues until recently. Now it seems that every time Roku updates something happens where you cannot use Prime. Very irritating. Luckily, though my TV is not smart, I do have a blu ray that is smart and can get Prime. But it is a nuisance to use it. I would rather have everything fully functional on Roku. Is it too much to ask that updates do not kill Prime very SINGLE time?

CaroleV
Level 7

Jump to solution

Do the ROKU folks ever even read these community comments, much less acknowledge or respond??? Appears not!

coppernikle
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks, Dan...I'll have to sit with your instructions for a bit...to work up the nerve, I guess  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
AE
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Video and Audio Not Working

Jump to solution

Did you hear back?  I'm having the problem, except Amazon declared it wasn't their issue and to talk to Roku.  All my other channels launch just fine.

@Cheryl3 wrote:

I have the same issue with Prime Video not working on my Roku Express+ (composite cables) beginning 10/2/2020.  I called Amazon customer support 10/3 and explained that the Prime Video logo appears then disappears to a blank screen.  The rep I spoke to said he would forward my problem on to their tech department and I should hear back from them within 3 days.  I'll post again with their response.  BTW, I'm assuming it's an Amazon problem and not a Roku one since other streaming services work on the device.

0 Kudos
davidsmith01
Level 8

Jump to solution

i too faced the same problem but now it is working for me.

0 Kudos
Mikey-Richmod
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi everyone.  I have solved this issue but you are not going to like it.  I did an online chat with amazon.com and they walked me through the solution.  It worked on both of my Roku Express+ devices.

1)  You need to perform a factory reset and reconnect your Roku to the internet and your Roku account.  Do not attempt to login or subscribe to anything yet.  Like I said, you are not going to like this.

2) If necessary, add Prime Video channel.  Login as prompted.  That channel should now work.  You will notice they now have profiles to set up if you have not yet done so.

3) Login to whatever other channels you have been using.

It is important that you setup Prime Video channel FIRST (at least for me it was).  If you do not, you may need to start over with yet another factory reset.

I hope this works for you.  Please feel free to share as needed.

Have a great day.  Smiley Happy

Mike P.

0 Kudos