Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SageerAM
Reel Rookie

Amazon Video not available

Jump to solution

I have had roku express for a few years now, and recently I have subscribed in Amazon Prime videos, I went to add the Amazon video app from my roku but it is not available, I went to the website and found Amazon prime when I tried to add it it appears as grey button (can't be clicked) I tried to install apple tv just to see if it works from the website, and it works, but amazon prime does not. 

On my amazon prime account I tried to add devices, anyways it is asking me to give them the code that appears on my tv, but my tv does not have amazon prime. 

What is the solution? I think it is some licensing issue.  They need to solve it. I have already faced a similar problem with (Starsplay) ROKU sorry to say that but you ain't good enough.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Amazon Video not available

Jump to solution

Hi @SageerAM,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Many thanks,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Are you in one of the Roku supported regions?

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

Are you using a VPN?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Forbes42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar problem. Prime video worked fine on Roku express for several years until last night.

Now I keep getting the "Check network connection" error message. I have uninstall the channel. But when I try to reinstall it, I get an "out of memory" error.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what to try next?

0 Kudos
SageerAM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No, I am in Saudi Arabia. And I am not using VPN

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SageerAM,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Forbes42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found the solution for the "Check network connection" error on the Roku express, was to reset the device. And reinstall the Prime Video app.

0 Kudos
Egui
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi,

I live in Paraguay, the Amazon Video app works on my smart TV, but the Amazon Video app is not available on my Roku Premiere.

I wrote to Amazon technical support to ask what the problem is and they answered that the problem is that Roku does not enable the app for my country.

Please let the managers of Roku solve this problem with the Amazon company or we will not buy any more Roku devices.

Why the Roku company does not enable the app??? Is there an official link where I describe the real situation????

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have 4 roku devices.  One just started having issues playing amazon video.  It states prime video is NOT available on this roku model.  To keep enjoying prime video along with all its newest features and functionality, get a NEW roku streaming player at roku.com.

Well............... I will buy a new streaming device; however it will not be ROKU.  Hello amazon FIRESTICK

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Independent content produces like Amazon are free to support old devices as much or as little as they wish.  If you agree with Amazon’s opinion, then just buy a new player (Roku, Firestick, either one indicates that you are willing to update your hardware to keep watching Amazon.)  On the other hand, if you want to send a message to Amazon that it’s not OK, to require newer hardware, then you would drop Amazon instead and keep using whatever player(s) you have.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos