Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andysprague
Level 7

Re: Amazon Video crashes WiFi

After checking & downloading update .4111, Amazon works again for me.  Anyone still having issues, should do the same.
0 Kudos
thefritz1
Level 7

FYI, manual update didnt fix issue. But after uninstalling amazon rebooting and reinstalling it seems to be working....so far.
0 Kudos
verylively
Level 7

"verylively" wrote:
I have a Sharp LC-43LB371U roku TV. I have had it for almost exactly one year. I bought this TV to integrate roku after such a solid experience with the 3 boxes used in my main tv (started with original Netflix only roku)

This TV had absolutely no problems until the upgrade to version 7.5 on December 8th which included the new Amazon interface.  

The Amazon app was perfect for a year, and now I cannot even get through a single show.  Netflix is still flawless. ESPN is fine. Plex is flawless. I can play any of these for hours.

The app is less functional than the original rock solid Amazon app, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that it does not work properly on this TV with audio sync issues, buffering, and wifi network crashes. It actually crashes the wifi stack on the TV listing all wifi networks as not available requiring a TV restart.   

It would be impressive that an APP can crash the entire wifi system if it wasn't so sad.  It reminds me of Windows 95 when a program could easily crash Windows. 

30 days and still no fix is unacceptable. Fix it, or just roll it back.

Still no update available for the model listed here.  Manually checked every...single....day. 
0 Kudos
kylleron
Level 7

Hi guys,
I just created the account to post that I've the same exact problem with my Sharp (LC-43LB371U) Roku TV, only Amazon App crashes and it only happens with Roku, iPad, iPhone, PC and etc. works just fine.

If Amazon is working on a solution they are taking their sweet time.
0 Kudos
microlady
Level 7

This may or may not help but it is some possibly useful information.  I started having problems with netflix website on my computer and could not get MYLIST.  A member here suggested maybe Netflix changed something and mentioned Netflix is now using HTML5 for video playback.  That I am sure is my problem. my browser is not set up for the new format and researching on the internet for "does Firefox use HTML5 on Netflix"  gave me responses of a new HTML5 player being introduced this year or the end of last year and one article I printed out said

"HTML5 DRM provides an alternative, and both Netflix and Amazon Prime have switched to using it on their web clients "

a possible answer to Prime problems? I believe it is the answer to my Netflix website problem,.  See my topic on page 1 . The answer to this one seems to be users had to pretend they were
using a certain User Agent for their browser to work on these websites.  Adobe is in this also.  I used to not have problems with Amazon Video but have not tried lately.

never know what information leads to a solution.

Original Roku Model N1000,bought 2008 (2014 still works perfectly)
2014 new owner of Roku 3500 (HDMI) streaming stick
2016 new owner of Roku 3600 (HDMI) streaming stick
0 Kudos
verylively
Level 7

"kylleron" wrote:
Hi guys,
I just created the account to post that I've the same exact problem with my Sharp (LC-43LB371U) Roku TV, only Amazon App crashes and it only happens with Roku, iPad, iPhone, PC and etc. works just fine.

If Amazon is working on a solution they are taking their sweet time.

Manually checked today again and this model finally has an update. Crossing my fingers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
john262
Level 7

"andysprague" wrote:
Same exact issue here.  It is not a wifi issue because all other devices connected to the same wifi router work fine.  And not a signal strength issue since the wifi router is only about 24" from the TV & the position has not changed.  Hopefully they get this resolved soon.  If anyone has any more info, please post.  Thanks.

I am getting the same problem with my Roku 3 which is connected via Ethernet. Also sometimes the PBS app will also kick me off from my home network. After that happens the only way to reconnect is to do a factory reset which is a pain because I have to set my Roku up again and add passwords, etc.
0 Kudos
tkkrause1310
Level 7

I have a roku stick 3600, am having this same problem, but can only seem to update to build 4099.
How can I get build 4111 to update my device to see if this solves my issue?
0 Kudos
mikecell
Level 7

ROKU TCL TV AMAZON PRIME WILL NOT CONNECT - problem FIXED
problem was DNS1 address was providing the wrong internet address
I changed to the DNS1 in the router to 8.8.4.4 and it works every time
other options include the following
Recommended configuration
nameserver 8.8.4.4         # Google Public DNS-2 
nameserver 127.0.0.1       # Localhost IPv4 
nameserver 209.18.47.62    # RoadRunner NC-2 US

0 Kudos
verylively
Level 7

This was fixed for me months ago with system updates.
0 Kudos