Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zdkibler
Level 7

Amazon Video Won't Play in HDR on Roku Ultra

I recently purchased a Roku Ultra to go along with my Vizio M-Series 2017. Everything works perfectly with Netflix, Vudu, YouTube TV, and anything else. HDR/4K content plays as intended and looks great. However, trying to play anything in HDR on Amazon Video does not seem to be working - the TV info bar does not pop up to say "2160P HDR10" like it does with other HDR content. HDR Amazon content plays as intended on my TV's app and my Xbox One's app, so the issue must lie with the Roku. I would just use the Xbox (TV app is dreadfully slow), but the TV only has one HDR compatible input, and that's where the Roku is plugged in.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rockou
Level 7

Re: Amazon Video Won't Play in HDR on Roku Ultra

Yea my Roku Ultra was showing HDR with Amazon until the other night when the Amazon Prime app on Roku was updated. Now HDR does not work anymore.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 7

Bought a SS+ (3810) a couple months ago, and Amazon Prime HDR has never shown (HDT tags) or worked worked (TV HDR activation badge), through multiple versions of the AP app.

Netflix/YouTube and all other HDR apps/content on the SS+ show/play HDR content correctly - its just the AP app that doesnt.

And it just affects the Roku AP app, as my LG TV and XB1X AP apps both show/play HDR content without issue.

Support interactions with both companies has resulted in the usual finger pointing/outdated product tech specs justification/dissembling/etc.

Though I'm sorry to see that other models have become affected as well (probably were as of about 2 months ago as well, but not noticed), hopefully the increased attention will cause a quicker resolution.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Yeah, it's not just the Ultra. My Sharp Roku TV doesn't show HDR on any Amazon titles any longer. My finger points at Amazon, but who knows?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos