Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vernonls
Level 7

Amazon Prime suddenly slow

Why is Amazon Prime so slow tonight.  It was working fine last night.  Tonight I had to unregister and reregister my Roku unit to get it to work at all.  This happened about 6 months ago and it took me two days to unregister, reregister, restart, etc. etc etc.  I am NOT happy with the way Roku works with Amazon, just not sure if the trouble spot is Amazon or Roku. And of course, nobody, but nobody publishes a human telephone contact.  Sign me UNHAPPY.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime suddenly slow

Need to know your model number, serial number/device ID, and current firmware version and build number (all available in Settings > System > About).

Sometimes in cases like this, rebooting the modem/router can help, as well as uninstalling the channel, rebooting the Roku (don't skip this), and re-adding it.

Let me know what happens, as well as the other information needed.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
vernonls
Level 7

Ok, well it worked for a few days.  Now neither roku will connect with Amazon Prime.  The roku in the living room is model 4660X - Roku Ultra, s/n YJ007C566538, firmware 8.1.0 build 4145-46.  The roku in the bedroom is model 4200x-Roku3, s/n 1GM35K053921, firmware 8.1.0 build 4145-04.  Both claim there is an internet connection problem.  However, the roku connects just fine with Netflix, CBS, NBC, and more.  It just won't connect with Amazon.  I am going to delete the amazon account from both roku units and see if that fixes it, but I doing so is a major hassle and I am very displeased.  I just don't know if it is Amazon or Roku that is behind this problem. 
0 Kudos
vernonls
Level 7

OK, well I worked from 11 a.m. to about 1:05 pm and finally got both TVs working on Amazon Prime.  I can't tell you how many times I had to reboot then do it again, then the device code would fail and I would have to get a new one. But it is working now.  The question is how long???  I have a feeling that the culprit is Amazon, but there is NO WAY to register complaints with Amazon. 
0 Kudos
vernonls
Level 7

OK, well about 6 weeks have gone by since my last post and suddenly yesterday 12/17/18 Amazon Prime stopped working again. I had to remove the channel, reboot the Roku, add the Prime channel, reboot the Roku and then it still took Prime about 3 minutes to load. .  Nothing on my end has changed.  What is going on between Roku and Prime? 

sign me frustrated user.
0 Kudos