Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doglover

Amazon Prime stuttering and freezing

I have a Roku Express+.  Have Netflix, Sling and Hulu.  Also Amazon Prime.  It is the only channel that stutters and freezes.  Have contact Prime and they think it is Roku, but Roku does not support my model.  Has anyone fixed this problem?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime stuttering and freezing

@doglover 

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanaeHudson
Reel Rookie

*sigh* I have a 3700 and it's about 3 years old. I can't get it to connect to my 5G internet (only 2G). I did what you suggested above and when I reinstalled the Prime channel, instead of the stuttering, the picture is incredibly degraded. I don't know if it's Amazon or if it's Roku, but...oh, nevermind. It's started stuttering again as soon as the picture fixed itself. So I don't know what to do. Is it Roku or is it Amazon?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DanaeHudson 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the 3700 is a Roku Express device and is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 

In regards to the issue you are experiencing, have you tried connecting the device to another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanaeHudson
Reel Rookie

Ah, okay. I got it as a free gift for subscribing to a channel.

Sorry. I'm not gonna lie - we just bought an Apple TV instead.

0 Kudos

My 3700 Roku was working fine with Amazon until recently.   Movies stop every few minutes on Amazon Prime.  My internet connection is business level and speeds are plenty fast enough. 
Amazon prime picture quality is now awful.
have uninstalled then reinstalled.
have reset the system.  
nothin has worked.  
updated just before it all started.   Maybe the update created the **bleep** quality.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Damonzwicker

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order for a clean install.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Franniak

This is the only advice that worked (at least it's been working for 15 whole minutes, which is a great improvement). Thanks. 

0 Kudos