Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igs1964
Level 7

Amazon Prime stop me if you've heard this one before

Hi folks...very frustrated here. I have followed every remedy for this and it still doesn't work. The Prime channel refuses to recognize my location as Canada. My Roku account is localized to Canada. I did a factory reset (which didn't make my girlfriend happy) created a new account and the account was recognized as Canadian by Roku. I tried  to login to Amazon and it failed even thought the credentials were correct. I did the website thing with the code.....accessed the TV shows in Amazon, and got shut down by the service restriction error. Why is something so simple as geolocation a major problem with Roku? I've deleted and re-installed Prime to no avail several times. 

Does anyone have a solution that works consistently?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kimg
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime stop me if you've heard this one before

I'm having the same issue. When I try to play certain shows on Prime Video on my Roku, I get the service area restriction message, which refers me to amazon.com instead of amazon.ca if I want customer service. It's not an Amazon problem, it is a Roku problem, but can't seem to get any Roku help. Has anyone found a fix for this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Prime stop me if you've heard this one before

How can this be a Roku problem? They didn't create the channel for Prime. It's completely under the control of Amazon. If your Roku is connected to the Internet within Canada, and you don't have a VPN set up that redirects your connection elsewhere, there's nothing in the Roku that is telling Amazon where you are. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos