Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
56_kruiser
Level 7

Amazon Prime on Roku 4-still nonstick voice?

I tried to upgrade to a Roku 4 a while ago. I found that sound was out of synch on Amazon Prime. I returned it.

Back then I found that many people were having the problem. Is that still the case?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku 4-still nonstick voice?

Pretty old unit.  I'd get something newer.  None of my Roku devices have any audio sync issues.
0 Kudos
56_kruiser
Level 7

Interesting. I thought the 4 was the latest (except for the sticks). Hullo do some research.
0 Kudos
Mazz
Level 10

Roku 4 is not the newest Model, the 4 is about 4 years old. The newest Models past 2 years or so are The Express, Express+, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra. Then they have the models that came out last year, The Premiere+ has been replaced by The Stick+(4k).
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

You haven't said where you are located, so different models are available in different areas. Here in North America, the Roku 4 is is two generations old. I have one, but can't say I've ever noticed audio out of sync. 
The Ultra is the newest model, and it's even a 2nd generation box with changes from the original. The Roku 4 was introduced October 2015, so yes it's getting old. It doesn't have HDR support, and also is the only Roku with an internal fan due to heat generation. Some people claim it's noisy, but I can't hear the fan at all in mine. It is running though, because I can feel the air movement. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
56_kruiser
Level 7

Appreciate all the info.

I am in the U.S....Florida.

BTW...to be sure, my question about out of synch is for Amazon Prime only. All else worked fine.

I'm considering giving Directtv Now a try. I may order an Express + that would ultimately be on my bedroom TV, and assuming I move entirely to DTVNow then get the Ultra for my main room.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Back to your original question about audio sync with Amazon. I watch something on Amazon almost daily, and can't ever recall an audio sync issue. And that is with multiple Roku players, including two different Roku TVs. I don't have any of the current models, with the Sharp 4K TV being my newest model, and it's about 9 months old. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
56_kruiser
Level 7

Thanks.

Amazon worked fine on my old Roku 3. Just problematic on the 4.

I did just orderan Ultra 2017 model. If it is problematic, I'll post back on that, but I don't expect it to be.
0 Kudos