Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steelersrule
Level 7

Amazon Prime not working

I can't be the first, but Amazon Prime is NOT working on Roku Premiere+.

I tried to open it, and it said i need an SD Card in order to it to load.  Then I removed it, and it would not load from the STREAMING CHANNEL LIST either.

So something is going on.  This is as of 5/28/18 at 9:15pm EST 
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime not working

You've been around a bit, and have run Amazon (now Prime Video) for some time. So, yeah, something odd must be going on.

You should know that do not need an SD card (actually, microSD card) to run any app on Roku. Now, it may have suggested you add a microSD card, but  really suspect it didn't say you need one. 

Remember that when there are a lot of apps on a Roku device, and when you then launch an app that takes up a lot of space, it may need to remove some less-used (or, actually, longest time since used) apps. That will cause a notice that a microSD card may be suggested. But it is not required. If you get such a message again, actually write down what it says. Take a picture, if necessary. If it's saying a microSD card (or SD card) is required, share the exact wording, and, if possible, a screen shot.

Now, if I'm reading correctly, you've removed Amazon (Prime Video) from your Roku. If that's the case, ensure it's fully removed by rebooting the Roku.

Next, on your computer, log in to Amazon. Go to the Registered Devices page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/settings/your-devices/)

Scroll down and confirm there are still no items that could refer to the Roku you attempted to install. 

On your Roku, launch the Amazon app.

Select the option to register via the Website, using the Register New Device button at the top of the page.

Let us know what happens. If anything goes wrong in these steps, let us know where.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I did just open Prime Video on one of my Roku TVs with no issue. So Amazon itself seems to be fine. I have received a new version of Amazon. Not sure if I care for it or not. Have to try it with one of my 4K players to see if they've improved access to UHD material.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

I just got an update for Prime on my Roku Ultra. It has the newer interface now. I wonder if you have updated yours, maybe that will help.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Please contact the developer for any issues regarding this channel.  Please remember to include your Model and Serial Number, as well as your firmware version and build number.  All can be found in Settings > System > About).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Bacon
Level 9

It would be nice if Amazon had the same cert requirements as other developers.

They don’t even adhere to Roku’s CC requirements so you can’t toggle with the * button plus their subtitles look horrible.
0 Kudos
steelersrule
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Please contact the developer for any issues regarding this channel.  Please remember to include your Model and Serial Number, as well as your firmware version and build number.  All can be found in Settings > System > About).

Haven't been around.  Should have updated.  Anyway, it was ROKU 3(4200X) that was having the issue.  Not a ROKU Premiere+, like I said.  I have so many different units(ROKU/APPLE TV/FIRE TV/ANDROID SHIELD) I get confused on which one I am using at any given moment. Smiley Happy
I did what BASIL suggested, I just REBOOTED/RESTARTED the ROKU, and the AMAZON APP is working just fine.  It must have been just a hiccup, or something.  All is well now.
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 9

"RokuShawnS" wrote:

The developer (Amazon) is going to have access to someone's personal device? Why would a developer need a serial number?  
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"Heyitsrick" wrote:
"RokuShawnS" wrote:

The developer (Amazon) is going to have access to someone's personal device? Why would a developer need a serial number?  

I expect their logs would include that information, so they can search them for any internal issues. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Tommy_West
Level 7

Thanks Basil!
Last night Amazon Prime was working just fine on one program. An hour later I went back to watch another program on Amazon and  . . . . the Amazon logo would pop up and then revert to the ROKU home screen. Tried many times. Gave up and watched Netflix instead. ALSO, all other APPS worked just fine...
So following Basil's suggestions, I deleted the "registered device" from my Amazon account, deleted the Amazon APP from ROKU and rebooted ROKU. Reinstalled Amazon APP on ROKU and all went smoothly from there on . . . once I remembered my Amazon password. All OK now.
Can you explain why I had to go through this drill? Amazon has been active on my ROKU for at least two, maybe three, years.
Best Regards
Tommy West
0 Kudos