Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindyk
Level 7

Amazon Prime not working on TCL Roku TV

Model is 5110X. System is updated. Had TV for years w no problems. Suddenly, when I choose Amazon Prime it displays the logo for a second or two, then goes back to the home screen. No problem with other apps. What gives?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
blade_005
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime not working on TCL Roku TV

"Lindyk" wrote:
Model is 5110X. System is updated.  Had TV for years w no problems. Suddenly, when I choose Amazon Prime it displays the logo for a second or two, then goes back to the home screen. No problem with other apps. What gives?

I would suggest that you do the following:
1. REMOVE the PRIME VIDEO app from system
2. REBOOT / RESTART the TCL TV. Go to SETTINGS -- SYSTEM -- POWER - SYSTEM RESTART
3. Re-install the PRIME VIDEO app
It may be something else, but that is a quick and easy way to get a clean install of the PRIME VIDEO app installed to see if it corrects the issue.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
stephanie1
Level 7

I was having this happen to me.  And your suggestion worked.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
KCinID
Level 7

I removed the app, unplugged the tv, when I plugged it back in I went to system reset, reset the entire thing, installed the app and guess what? Same error message. Any other ideas? For the record, I spent 2 hours on the phone with Amazon tech support and they couldn’t figure it out either...
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is Amazon Prime the only channel that you observe this issue with? If the suggestion above of removing and adding back the channel does not resolve your issue, you may need to contact the channel provider to further investigate.

As a last recommendation, you can perform a factory reset of your TV. For more information on how to perform a factory reset, you can visit out support page How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted if this resolves the issue you are seeing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos