Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DB1967
Channel Surfer

Amazon Prime not working on Streambar

5/20/22 Amazon Prime will not load / start. I tried to reinstall the app after doing a restart on the Roku... It is still unavailable. Internet connection shows as being excellent. Not sure what to do next.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime not working on Streambar

Hi @DB1967

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Amazon Prime Video or across other channels installed on your Roku Streambar? Please let us know as well how did you restart your Roku. Is it by unplugging the power adapter or through the System menu? We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DB1967
Channel Surfer

I restarted via the system once and also by disconnecting from the power (for 30 seconds) once. It is only Amazon Prime that is not starting / loading, everything else is working correctly. I also rebooted the router just to be clear there was no issues there. The internet signal is reported as excellent by the streambar (we have about 20 mbs connectivity). Clueless as to what is going wrong.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@DB1967 

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory cache before reinstalling the channel.  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DB1967
Channel Surfer

I appreciate your input - However, this too failed. Prime video is still not launching 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DB1967

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DB1967
Channel Surfer

Model number is 9102R Streambar

Serial # YL005u460653

Device ID 2A10A5460653

Software 11.0.0 Build 4193-95

Prime Video is the only problem at the present time - Ver 14.0 Build 2022032210

ID for current issue is 53-220-009

Timestamp 2022-06-02T18:49:19z

0 Kudos
Jkwilson
Reel Rookie

Same thing happened to me with the 11.0.0 update. I bought a Firestick which fixed the issue. Somebody has screwed up the update, but Roku won’t acknowledge it.

DB1967
Channel Surfer

I too have purchased a Firestick... Unfortunate for Roku. Hopefully someone will fix the issue before more of us migrate over to Amazon world.

0 Kudos
MK46
Reel Rookie

I am having same Prime issue.  My info:

3920RW ROKU Premier SER #YH00G4970039 Dev ID JF209G970039

SW 11.0.0 Build 4193-91.   Issue ID 30-234-531.      TIMESTAMP 2022-06-12T20:51:54Z.