Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnieK
Level 7

Amazon Prime locks up on one Roku, but not the other.

The Roku in my living room works fine on all channels, including Amazon Prime. The Roku in my den will lock up when I choose Amazon Prime Video. I've tried deleting and reloading the channel; restarting the Roku via Settings menu; unplugging the Roku for 10 minutes and plugging it back in. Nothing works. Additionally, once I've clicked the Prime Video button, the Amazon Prime logo comes up, then locks - if I back out of the app by pressing the 'Home' key on the remote, I can get back to the home page, but now all channels are locked and the remote is unresponsive. Unplugging the Roku for a time resets everything, but I still can't access Amazon Prime on this Roku - again, Amazon Prime works fine on my other Roku, so by process of elimination, the internet is working fine and so is Amazon Prime. This particular Roku? - not so much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Amazon Prime locks up on one Roku, but not the other.

@DonnieK 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When removing and reinstalling a channel on a Roku device, please make sure to remove the channel, restart the channel, then add the channel back again, specifically in that order.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with the following information of the device that is not working:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DonnieK
Level 7

Details as follows for the locked device: 

Model: 3900X - Roku Express

Serial#: YGOOHA442209

Software Version: 9.3.0 - Build 4194-51

Device ID: C337DH442209

Prime Video Version: 11.4 Build 2020092816

0 Kudos
DonnieK
Level 7

Today, I was able to into Amazon Prime without a problem. 

??

I did nothing - it just came on, so apparently problem resolved?

0 Kudos